💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Photo of ARTPOP Sculpture Found On Website

samuelx

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

Jeff Koons doesn't actually make any of his art works. He just have the idea, make the concept, design it and his team in studio touch and make the whole thing. You can look some videos of him in studio and you'll see. Many people in the art scene devalue himself as an artist because of that

Well that and he's a nightmare to work with. Imagine your craziest worst boss and triple that. Now triple it once more - that's Jeff Koons. I've interned for artists studios in NYC before and all the other interns hated working for Koons - said it was the most miserable experience they ever had. Luckily I only ever had fantastic people above me who were very approachable and friendly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, James Gibson said:

Yeah. but I believe only the face was edited to look human

You're correct

The "statue" on the album cover is the statue mixed with a photograph of Gaga. The actual statue looks nothing like the album cover

Schwerk
12 minutes ago, Killa said:

He's a designer. He designs and a team will make it come true, and he'll supervise.

Exactly.

Do people think he carved it from a huge block of marble? Does Karl Lagerfeld knit a Chanel sweater?

Pretty sure Koon photographed Gaga, decided on the final pose with the ball, and then that a 3d model made and executed in large scale by this company.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

James Gibson
4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Well that and he's a nightmare to work with. Imagine your craziest worst boss and triple that. Now triple it once more - that's Jeff Koons. I've interned for artists studios in NYC before and all the other interns hated working for Koons - said it was the most miserable experience they ever had. Luckily I only ever had fantastic people above me who were very approachable and friendly.

Wow, I didn't knew that. Gee, that's awful! But what is it like? Him just being bossy?

No he didn't work on the actual statue himself :rip:

As others have said, that's not how he works. He was the designer though, the mind behind it. You can see in the ARTPOP booklet him taking photos of Gaga so that everyone knew how he wanted her posed and what look he wanted.

5b9V69S.jpg

Schwerk
1 minute ago, lego said:

Still can't forgive what they did to her face. :koons:

What did they do?

Seeing the guy pose with the legs got me thinking how awkard/amusing it must've been for these guys to have to make her huge Venus (if you know what I mean)

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

4 minutes ago, lego said:

Still can't forgive what they did to her face. :koons:

I don't understand why they couldn't at least make her look pretty. She's an unconventional beauty with a warm, charismatic face but they took that away... and made it.... well, stone cold and stern :rip:

ChicaSkas

I see no proof of this, just that it was built in a studio? Don't mislead people with that title.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

1 minute ago, Marjol said:

What did they do?

Seeing the guy pose with the legs got me thinking how awkard/amusing it must've been for these guys to have to make her huge Venus (if you know what I mean)

:rip: 

Well I mean the sculpture looked nothing like her, it's like they didn't even try.

MJs was better

koons.jpg

FreePalestine

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I don't understand why they couldn't at least make her look pretty. She's an unconventional beauty with a warm, charismatic face but they took that away... and made it.... well, stone cold and stern :rip:

Madame Tussauds would do a better job. :koons: 

At least we got emoticon from it. :koons: 

FreePalestine

3 minutes ago, lego said:

Madame Tussauds would do a better job. :koons: 

At least we got emoticon from it. :koons: 

It's better than this mess anyway :rip:

CVAd_zaVEAAfrRk.jpg

Archived