Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Photo of ARTPOP Sculpture Found On Website

samuelx

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love these sculptures and the artRAVE (album release party one) so much. They should have made some DVD out of it... shame those statues are probably stored in some dark warehouse now.

VOLANTIS
18 hours ago, jvckk said:

Maybe he designed it, or worked in partnership with this studio? After all, he couldn't make that giant statue on his own. He definitely designed the album cover.

I'm still convinced that the actual cover was just Gaga herself photographed, and then edited to look like a statue, especially considering the album booklet pictures are clearly her.

Jeff Koons said they were going to go with the Statue for the Album cover. But the white statue felt lifeless to Gaga and Jeff so they enhanced the image of the statue to make it look more Life like and real. You can see its not a white statue on the Cover. So its basically what you said but in reverse. 

ARTPOP was not only a Reverse Warholian Expedition but also a Reverse Jeff Koons Experience. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

LORD GAGA
19 hours ago, DeathofSamantha said:

If he pays them to do the work what is the issue? why are you so bent over backwards about it? 

I'm not bent over backwards about anything I was just clearing it up lol Andy Warhol barely did any of his own work and is still considered an artist... Same applies to Jeff Koons. They are the creativity behind it.

19 hours ago, The Night said:

That doesn't mean it's not controversial. There's lots of debate as to whether what Koons does can truly classify him as an "artist" as he is classified now, and whether it's immoral or not that he gets all the credit (in the public eye at least) for "his" works which aren't even made by him.

It's the person who comes up with the concept that is the artist not the person who makes the object from that persons idea. They are skilled craftsmen not artists (though some may be artists as well)

Lona Delery

I don't get the controversy with Jeff

Even the old masters like Michelangelo or Bernini did not craft a lot of their sculptures themselves. That's normal. He's still an artist since he deisnged it and had the idea.

It's like calling Rihanna an artist but her songwriters are not

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Archived