Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Confused as to how The Fame Monster sales are charted.

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Real fast question : as seen here on ARTL, The Fame Monster and The Fame are grouped as one album. I was wondering, does buying TF and TFM count as 2 album sales, or does one need to buy both TF and TFM for it to count as an album sale?

Just now, enderarms said:

So buying TFM Deluxe (which contains 2 CD's) counts as 2 album sales?

No, it counts towards The Fame.

There's three different CDs on sale in the U.S.:

The Fame (2008)
The Fame + The Fame Monster (2009)
The Fame Monster 8-track EP (2009)

Buying the first two counts towards the sales of The Fame (as a re-release), while the sales of the EP count separately. This is why it appears that The Fame sold much more than The Fame Monster.

3 minutes ago, enderarms said:

So buying TFM Deluxe (which contains 2 CD's) counts as 2 album sales?

No. That's one purchase so it counts as one sale. I'm no expert though and this is a super old topic so take what I say with a grain of salt :laughga:

Fame Romance

What I did was to buy The Fame and The Fame Monster EP seperately so it counts as 2 different sales :gaycat:

Give ha coins and sales 

43 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

What I did was to buy The Fame and The Fame Monster EP seperately so it counts as 2 different sales :gaycat:

Give ha coins and sales 

So you didn't get that gorgeous Bad Romance remix :hor:

Fame Romance
12 minutes ago, Chump said:

So you didn't get that gorgeous Bad Romance remix :hor:

No, but at least I can stream the deluxe version that includes it on Apple Music :hor:

• 1 month later...
Luis Molina

I always thought this way of counting the sales in the USA is actually super unfair for TFM. See, I think since the release of that proyect a lot of people who wanted it just bought the 2-disc edition album, that's why since the release date (november 2009), TF sales went up like crazy, because people were actually buying the "re-release" mostly to get TFM. Regular people (not fans) dont even knew or know there's actually a stand-alone EP without TF. You know that I mean? Before the TFM came out TF sales were at like 2M in the USA, am I right? Now its at like 4M+, I imagine half of that number (2M) actually would have belong to TFM if the 2-disc edition didnt exist, because if people really wanted or want TF album they would just buy the 2008 original album, without the second disc. 

Of course there were people who were looking for the especific 2-disc album to get all the music at once. But a lot of people werent, they just wanted TFM lol. 

I know this is super irrelevant. But I saw this topic and I had to comment. 

Archived