💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga performed TIHTY at a private luncheon today at Beverly Hills

asana15

Featured Posts

asana15

"...Being nominated for awards and things like that, they’re useful to move messages forward,” Lady Gaga said at a Beverly Hills luncheon and private performance of the tune Tuesday afternoon. The room was full of members of the Academy’s music and documentary branches.

“When Diane first played me what she had begun with the song, I needed not convincing about the record… it was about sharing that part of myself with the world,” Lady Gaga said. “We talked a lot about what I felt the song needed in order to reach as many young people as possible. I felt that it needed to not stay in a purely emotional state, but that it was going to somehow grow throughout the performance and the song and by the end, kind of be full of rage.”

She said she used to feel awkward and even guilty when talking about her experience with rape, but now it’s something that is part of her, that she has triumphed over. Warren helped her feel comfortable with that and to put the depth of emotion into a song that could reach beyond the world of the film and become something more.

“I feel like what this song accomplishes is women — or men — rising to say, ‘You think you can hurt me? You don’t know about power,'” Lady Gaga said. “‘Because after what you did to me, you don’t even know how much stronger I am.'”

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn she is really playing the politics this year. She has been doing a lot of undercover promo. Playing TIHTY to a room full of "members of the Academy’s music and documentary branches" makes her intentions pretty clear and her quote "Being nominated for awards and things like that, they’re useful to move messages forward," is as blatant as possible.

I noticed her playing politics at The Emmys too. Making herself more known and visible in that crowd, she is obviously hoping from an Emmy nomination for AHS.

:applause:props to her for playing the game. Hopefully it pays off with an Oscar nom and win.

1 minute ago, Bebe said:

Damn she is really playing the politics this year. She has been doing a lot of undercover promo. Playing TIHTY to a room full of "members of the Academy’s music and documentary branches" makes her intentions pretty clear and her quote "Being nominated for awards and things like that, they’re useful to move messages forward," is as blatant as possible.

I noticed her playing politics at The Emmys too. Making herself more known and visible in that crowd, she is obviously hoping from an Emmy nomination for AHS.

:applause:props to her for playing the game. Hopefully it pays off with an Oscar nom and win.

took the words straight out of my mouth tbh :applause: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Doncho

If only there was a video...

Cant wait to see Gaga perform it at the Oscars if she actually gets a nomination :D

djBuffoon

An Oscar nomination is more imminent than we think. I can't recall any original song in 2015 that caused such a buzz ("See You Again" comes close), that actually had something important to say, and if there's any category where a documentary could go ahead and win over bigger films, it's Original Song.

Not to mention that Diane Warren and Gaga are two highly prolific, respected songwriters in their own regard.

GloZell Green
33 minutes ago, boobtank said:

'Oscar Contender'

giphy.gif

:udidnt: I just f*cking saw that YES THE LORD HEARD MY PRAYERS who is she against?

Lady Gaga | Shakira

freebit

Shrewd, and I like how upfront she was in her honesty. It really will give this documentary and its message a bigger platform.

Also, I'm sure this promo pleases Diane. At least we won't have to deal with her giving Gaga the Rita Ora treatment now, lol.

That Gaga, what a Beautiful person! I love what she says.:wub:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived