Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna is the most streamed artist in 2015 on Spotify with no album

Higher

Featured Posts

It’s been an interesting 2015 for Rihanna. While she remains famous to a degree that is basically impossible to comprehend, and while her fashion empire continues to expand (now including sock lines and beauty agencies), she has continued to frustrate fans who are eager (“eager” is putting it mildly) for her eighth studio album. (Rihanna released her first seven albums over the course of eight years, the most recent being 2012’s Unapologetic.)

She released three singles this year—“FourFiveSeconds,” in January, “Bitch Better Have My Money,” in March, and “American Oxygen,” in April—yet none of the three were followed, as many hoped or assumed, with an album release. In October, amidst all kinds of rumors about Rihanna wresting control of her music and releasing it on her own, the title of the disc—Anti—was revealed, along with album art. But now we’ve reached December, and, despite a string of Samsung ads teasing the release, as well as the announcement of an Anti World Tour, we still, basically, have no idea when this album is coming!

But today we learned that not releasing an album . . . didn’t matter at all when it came to her popularity among listeners. Despite not yet putting out “#R8,” as it is referred to her by her fans, Rihanna still reigned supreme this year. Spotify has released its end-of-year data, and Rihanna was the most streamed female artist, worldwide, with over 1 billion streams and 57 million listeners (it should be noted that Taylor Swift’scatalogue is not available on Spotify). Just imagine how many streams Rihanna will be in for next year, if there’s an album’s worth of new material from her (though, honestly, we would not be too surprised if the album didn’t come until 2027 at this point).

Drake was the most streamed male artist this year (1.8 billion streams, 46 million listeners), and Major Lazer’s“Lean On”—ubiquitous this summer—was the most streamed track, listened to over 540 million times in 2015. The Weeknd’s Beauty Behind the Madnesswas the most streamed album of the year, with 60 million listeners.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/12/rihanna-spotify-2015-most-streamed-female-artist?mbid=social_facebook

"Rihanna's a flop"

"Rihanna's over"

"Who dis b---h?"

"The gp hates her now"

giphy.gif

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

female artist*

Drake is the most streamed artist.

Congrats to her. :) 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Fiona Apple

Nobody said that the GP hates her though.They are just not interested in her new work. Everybody bops to some old good Rihanna once in a while

Mobster

Slay me streaming queen!!! 

How they mention Taylor Swift :green:

"it should be noted that Taylor Swift’scatalogue is not available on Spotify"

tumblr_ndp4hmui4i1t3q4j0o2_500.gif

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Serendipity

She didn't have much competition,that's why

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Didymus

Now I'd like to see the people who were so adamant in their "If Gaga had this era, you'd be dragging her to the pits." statements. To any non-obsessed or non-stan-mode-biased person I think it's very fair to conclude that she's had a good year and that her fans have no reason to be unhappy if they stay away from obviously forged gossip "insider" ****.

1 minute ago, CurlyBae said:

Nobody said that the GP hates her though.They are just not interested in her new work. Everybody bops to some old good Rihanna once in a while

First comment. 

giphy.gif

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Mobster
1 minute ago, Oyster Baby said:

First comment. 

giphy.gif

That's homegurl Adelephant, doesn't count :green:

1 minute ago, HMLSwine said:

Slay me streaming queen!!! 

How they mention Taylor Swift :green:

"it should be noted that Taylor Swift’scatalogue is not available on Spotify"

tumblr_ndp4hmui4i1t3q4j0o2_500.gif

1 minute ago, Clean said:

She didn't have much competition,that's why

Let me have my moment.

iC0fikUoQbN4B.gif

Mobster
1 minute ago, Oyster Baby said:

Let me have my moment.

iC0fikUoQbN4B.gif

I was never denying Rihanna's slayage, I'm a casual Riri stan :gaycat:

Duella Dvil
5 minutes ago, HMLSwine said:

That's homegurl Adelephant, doesn't count :green:

YAAAAAASSSSS

www.instagram.com/theduella666

7 minutes ago, HMLSwine said:

I was never denying Rihanna's slayage, I'm a casual Riri stan :gaycat:

I am too. Gaga isn't doing that much and I really like all the snippets from ANTI. :giveup: If ANTI is as good as those snippets then I'll stan for ha. :giveup: 

Fiona Apple
1 hour ago, Oyster Baby said:

First comment. 

giphy.gif

1)It's Adelephant 2)He said not care not hate :)

Archived