💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Sarah Paulson talks about Jessica Lange and Lady Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

'Q SYNDICATE: Let’s talk about “American Horror Story: Hotel,” in which you’re currently starring. And you’ve been on the show since the beginning, in 2011. Are you seeing it through to the end?

PAULSON: If they’ll have me. They’re gonna have to drag me out of here kicking and screaming. It’s gonna be “American Horror Story” season 720 and I’ll be an 80-year-old woman going, “This is the greatest job in the world.” I will be around as long as they’ll have me – absolutely.

Q SYNDICATE: Both “AHS” and “Carol” are associated with s-xuality in some way or another. As an actress, are you drawn to roles related to s-xuality?

PAULSON: As human beings we are very fascinated by s-xuality and what it means and who we’re attracted and why, because I think there’s a really big mystery about it. There’s something so unknowable about it, which is part of what makes it so exciting. And I do think this about my career all the time: People think I pick such great jobs – that I picked “12 Years a Slave,” I picked “Carol,” I picked “Game Change.” I auditioned for them and I got the jobs. And so I’ve been lucky – I actually give the credit to Steve McQueen and Todd Haynes and Ryan Murphy and people who saw something in me that they went, “You’re the girl. I want you.” And so, it’s less about choices I’ve made and things I’ve been drawn to – it’s what has been drawn to me.

Q SYNDICATE: I can’t believe you still have to audition.

PAUL SON: With some things I don’t! There are a lot of things on TV I don’t. And there are some movies I don’t have to. But for “Carol” it was a sought-after role and many people wanted it and I had to fight like a dog to get it.

Q SYNDICATE: How does it feel without Jessica Lange around for the first time this season?

PAULSON: She and I have been friends for a long time. We did “Glass Menagerie” on Broadway together in 2005, and the whole reason I’m on the show, really, is because of Jessica. I had been at a dinner for Project Angel Food where Jessica was presenting an award to someone and (show creator) Ryan (Murphy) was there, and I was gonna do a play in New York that fell through and so I ended up staying in town. Jessica leaned over to Ryan and said, “Can’t you find something for Sarah to do on the show?” And Ryan, whom I worked for before, went, “Ah, yeah! Actually, I think there’s something coming up,” and it was Billy Dean, the psychic. So, I did it, and that’s how it all started. So I have Jessica to thank for a lot of things, including my run on “American Horror Story.” We always shared a trailer. Basically, we have these banger trailers, and every cast member has someone on the other side of the wall. And, for me, it was Jessica for three years straight. Now I have one with Kathy and that’s wonderful because I love me some Kathy Bates, but my personal history with Jessica is long, and so I miss having her around because she was my friend – she is my friend. That part isn’t so fun, but I think Lady Gaga is bringing a really wonderful kind of new energy to it – just different energy. It’s not better energy. It’s a different energy, and I think it’s really wonderful

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2015/12/01/sarah-paulson-interview/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diamond Heart

I love that the cast are really friendly and respect each other  :applause:

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Still can't believe how little Sarah has been used this season. She deserves more!

Lovely that all the cast seem so supportive of each other. I hope Jessica comes back some day.

Didymus

Sooo excited to see her in Carol :giveup:

Well played too there at the end :cool: She's so well-spoken.

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Still can't believe how little Sarah has been used this season. She deserves more!

Lovely that all the cast seem so supportive of each other. I hope Jessica comes back some day.

IIRC she wanted to mix things up this season. It's not fun playing the big roles every year.

Purr more, hiss less.

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

probably because she's starring in American Crime Story at the same time... 

Diamond Heart
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

its because of the filming of American Crime Story, shes gonna have more screen time towards the end of the season.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Can't blame anyone really, Sarah is busy doing another project. Murphy would.love to have Sally more on AHS but he took her for American Crime Story instead.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Haroon

Wow what great answers, very eye opening :flutter: Super glad to hear that she doesn't intend on leaving anytime soon and that she's there as long as possible :happy: 

Luna Lovegood

I'm so freaking pissed that Jessica and Gaga have not worked together on AHS! I want to see them together!

luna’s advocate

5 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

IIRC she wanted to mix things up this season. It's not fun playing the big roles every year.

4 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

probably because she's starring in American Crime Story at the same time... 

3 minutes ago, ScottishGaga said:

its because of the filming of American Crime Story, shes gonna have more screen time towards the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Can't blame anyone really, Sarah is busy doing another project. Murphy would.love to have Sally more on AHS but he took her for American Crime Story instead.

I know all that. Doesn't mean it's not a shame.

monketsharona
Just now, Gaga Delano said:

I'm so freaking pissed that Jessica and Gaga have not worked together on AHS! I want to see them together!

Maybe at the end of the season ? Everything is possible, we know Ryan Murphy met Jessica Lange few weeks ago to talk about her future in AHS. 

RAMROD

I know all that. Doesn't mean it's not a shame.

It might not be, her acting on ACS might be much better since it seems going to be dramatic and intense.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

It might not be, her acting on ACS might be much better since it seems going to be dramatic and intense.

.. but as a fan of AHS and her work on the show I miss her presence being as heavy as it has been in previous seasons, despite her other projects. Is it not okay to have that opinion? :rip:

monketsharona

.. but as a fan of AHS and her work on the show I miss her presence being as heavy as it has been in previous seasons, despite her other projects. Is it not okay to have that opinion? :rip:

I miss Angela Bassett too... I hope she'll get more screen time in the next episodes

Archived