💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are Gagas vocals as good as the legends?

The Professor

33 members have voted

1. 1. Gaga's about as good as

• Mariah
    • Whitney
    • Celine
    • None
    • Babs

Featured Posts

venusian

what makes these people legends are there unique voices. gaga included

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Rat Boy

You forgot Miranda Sings a.k.a the person who ghost sang the first verse of applause.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

i feel like like gaga is a different type of vocalists compared to the powerhouse vocalists you listed here.

Mariah, Whitney and Celine are veeeeeery good at singing and have very strong vocal techniques but i feel like whenever i hear them sing I am listening to a perfect rendition of songs (or basically a vocal show-off), e.g. notes are crafted to perfection, lines are delivered in a way that make you appreciate their vocal capabilities but I don't necessary hear true emotion that evokes from the bottom of their heart. they just sound too perfect

whereas Gaga mostly sings from the bottom of her heart and soul. although sometimes you can hear small flaws in her delivery it is also these flaws that reflect the 'human' in her vocal and make her singing sound real and believable. 

I'm just making the comparisons based on their ballads and acoustic performances

A Real Panda

Voted for none because obviously the other four are vocally superior. Gags' vocals are different from the four divas on the poll. they can belt out higher notes than Gaga but I'm not into those kind of voices and I prefer Gaga, Bey or Emeli Sande's voices. 

Solitaire

I think vocally the only one Gaga couldn't top is Celine, but Celine lacks in a lot of other departments that Gaga excels at so Gaga is definitely up there with the legends for me.

But also like others have pointed out, all the greats have unique voices and it's a little hard to compare them equally.

- Previously Sycothisis

Mobster
4 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

You forgot Miranda Sings a.k.a the person who ghost sang the first verse of applause.

And Sia's One Million Bullets pre-chorus

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

jojo Freud

I hate this so much. People are unique, have different voices and it is completely unfair on gagas individuality to compare her to the vocals of other legends. Gaga is her own legend. For example, Britneys voice style is legendary, however is she known for good vocals? No not really. Its really unfair to compare artists like this. 

CannaeDrive

She is her own vocal legend.

And you forgot Ella Fitzgerald, which is the one who is more in Gaga's range and style.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

IamChromatica

Her voice is iconic, rich, and has so many layers :sleep:

A sound of freedom and a greek goddess

Archived