💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift inspired Adele's 'Send My Love'

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

She said that Taylor's I Knew You Were Trouble was how she first learned about hitmaker Max Martin, whom she eventually hired for Send My Love.

"I was in New York, writing Remedy with Ryan Tedder. We were having lunch and I Knew You Were Trouble came on the radio - Taylor's song that she did with Max and Shellback," she recalled.

"I was like, 'Who did this?' I knew it was Taylor, and I've always loved her, but this is a totally other side - like, 'I want to know who brought that out in her'. And he said Max Martin," she added.

Adele said that she was unaware that who Max Martin was. "I Googled him and I was like, 'He's literally written every massive soundtrack of my life'."

Source: http://movies.ndtv.com/music/this-taylor-swift-song-inspired-adeles-send-my-love-1249153

RAMROD

That is cool. She is so real and I love that.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

A Real Panda

I love Adele's honesty and hope that people who keep comparing the two in a negative way will see this. 

Haroon

'He's literally written every massive soundtrack of my life'

My exact reaction when Googling him and Dr Luke and RedOne :giveup: 

StrawberryBlond

Very odd how she'd never heard of him until now. I mean, I thought the actual people she worked with were more obscure. I couldn't tell you much about the likes of Ryan Tedder, but I thought everyone in the music industry must know who Max is.

Anyway, I'm really surprised she wanted to work with him. A quick glance at his productions confirms that his speciality is providing generic pop songs for young popstars, not deeper neo soul songs for more grown up, mature artists. So saying, I think he's probably the best out of the generic producers (and he certainly has a better reputation than Dr Luke) but he still makes generic pop music at the end of the day. Why would he appeal to someone like Adele? You'd think it would make people say she had sold out by choosing him to work with. Send My Love is hands down the worst track on the album and that's echoed by fans and non fans alike. Max just can't make songs for non popstars. I couldn't believe it when I heard The Weeknd on Can't Feel My Face - how did Max take this very dark, experimental, adult artist and turn him mainstream and just like everyone else? And why would you want to? And now he's done the same to Adele with this song. It doesn't fit on the album whatsoever and the chorus is atrocious. It sounds like she's about to break into a yodel. Adele doesn't make sounds like that. The verses even sound like one of Taylor's songs (definitely a bit of IKYWT in there) which shows that Max tends to repeat productions. Really shocked it made the cut. There must have been a scrapped track that was better than this, surely? To think she turned down Sia's Alive but kept this!

Supersonic
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Very odd how she'd never heard of him until now. I mean, I thought the actual people she worked with were more obscure. I couldn't tell you much about the likes of Ryan Tedder, but I thought everyone in the music industry must know who Max is.

You don't know who Ryan Tedder is? :rip:

StrawberryBlond
Just now, amenvodka said:

You don't know who Ryan Tedder is? :rip:

The public don't really take in who writes a song, though. Or the names of the lead singer of a band unless they go on to have a lot more hits. Ryan has limited productions too, so it's not like you would see his name everywhere. i'm just blown away that anyone in the industry would not know who Max is. His name has become a byword for a guaranteed hit production: "The Max Martin produced track," "teamed up with hitmaker Max Martin" etc. Plus, he was awarded a special plaque for his sales recently and got on Rolling Stones best songwriters list. How can any artist not have heard of him?

monketsharona

I would have said inspired by Colbie Caillat. 

Send My Love and Water Under The Bridge are pure Colbie Caillat sounds especially on her last album Gypsy Heart

Supersonic
35 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The public don't really take in who writes a song, though. Or the names of the lead singer of a band unless they go on to have a lot more hits. Ryan has limited productions too, so it's not like you would see his name everywhere.

But they literally had 9 other worldwide Top 10 hits, along with a huge smash hit 2013, not to mention him writing/producing two of the most well-known modern ballads of pop music (Halo by Beyoncé and Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis). :toofunny:
I'm sorry, but if you are into pop music, Ryan Tedder should absolutely not be an obscure name. And I say that as somebody who doesn't even really like him. :deadbanana:

StrawberryBlond
Just now, amenvodka said:

But they literally had 9 other worldwide Top 10 hits, along with a huge smash hit 2013, not to mention him writing/producing two of the most well-known modern ballads of pop music (Halo by Beyoncé and Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis). :toofunny:
I'm sorry, but if you are into pop music, Ryan Tedder should absolutely not be an obscure name. And I say that as somebody who doesn't even really like him. :deadbanana:

Ok, I don't pay attention to OneRepublic but really, they've only had 2 proper hits - Apologise and Counting Stars. No one seemed to care about them after Apologise until their latest album. I honestly had no idea who wrote Halo and Bleeding Love. Don't really care either.

I knew his name and that he was a songwriter, I just couldn't tell you one song he'd written. Remember I'm in the UK, so we don't know the US songwriters as well as Americans do. I judge songs by the artists who sing them. I only pay attention to the credits when it's someone who I know doesn't write music so I can drag them over how they're barely involved in their own work. ;) But I don't really take in who those writers are even when I do.

Archived