💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would Azealia Banks be taken less seriously if she was white?

inuborg

Featured Posts

inuborg

It is painfully obvious that Azealia has the little platform she has because blacks have such a low standard to live up to. OBVIOUSLY if she was white, no one would listen to her music anymore because for some reason race directly influences how someone perceives music. I mean who cares she writes, produces, and composes. She has a voice better than many singers in the pop industry. She only has an audience because she's black and has a low standard to live up to. 

Discuss 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

1 minute ago, inuborg said:

I personally believe Azealia has the little platform she has because blacks have such a low standard to live up to.

what

1 minute ago, inuborg said:

She only has an audience because she's black and has a low standard to live up to. 

what

Her music would be different. 

She would be a total different person.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

inuborg
1 minute ago, Sexxx said:

what

what

:green: 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Mobster

She would be taken more seriously if she filtered her thoughts before posting on twitter, if she didn't hit guards after activating a fire alarm, if she didn't let her hatred dictate the path of her career... She would be taken more seriously... Would she be more famous? Probably not... But I don't think being famous has so much to do with skin color, but rather luck... She is obviously talented, but so are a million other people... The artists we see in the media aren't the crème de la crème, they are just there due to hard work, yes, but mostly because they had a really huge streak of luck... 

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

boobtank

Her musicality and artistry is very different to anything in the hip-hop game at the moment so I feel that if she was white her innovative sound and style would be much more appreciated. That's just my opinion tho :hor:

Mobster
14 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

exactly

I don't think inuborg was being serious, though :green:

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

If Azealia was white, she would have had an entirely different upbringing and thus may not have had any interest in pursuing the music career she has now due to not growing up and developing with the local underground rap scenes as inspiration and leverage for her career, thus leaving her less likely to exploit her natural and learned talents in such an effective and marketable manner, truthfully. Her songwriting would not be the same. We wouldn't have the theme of 212 or the anger from Yung Rapunxel due to her disadvantage by race.

Daredevil

Yes, she's extremely homophobic and extremely homophobic white people are also racist most of the time. 

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived