đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Crystal Castles' debut performance with new vocalist Edith Frances

squeala

Featured Posts

12316609_978808702179892_818334562982894

She sang Deicide and Not In Love at Soundswild festival in Johannesburg.

A lot of fans are creeped out with how similar Edith's image is to that of Alice Glass. Apparently they were booed after leaving the stage because it was basically an Ethan EDM set advertised as a CC performance, and they were like an hour late.

FthFo4l.jpg

"Edith Frances 1st show 1st time on stage, let's show her luv xoxo"

Riot Poof

What a messy relaunch. :rip:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

1 minute ago, Riot Poof said:

What a messy relaunch. :rip:

cc always were messy but their amazing shows and albums made up for it. idk if they can do that again

SlayLin

If you ever replace the lead/singer you might as well change the name of the band. :smh:

You rage for no reason because you have No Reason.

Ferrer Zorola

why did this "Alice Glass" leave the band? 
they had reeeeally good songs :blush:

edit: what are the songs form the instagram videos' names? 

LIFE IS GOOD

4 minutes ago, Neon Angel said:

If you ever replace the lead/singer you might as well change the name of the band. :smh:

No. CC started out as Ethan's project before he even knew of Alice's existence. Crystal Castles is Ethan Kath. 

OT: I can't say I'm not disappointed at all or gutted that my favorite band got booed, but that's fine. There's a new album on the way and these are only their first two shows. I'm reserving judgement for now.

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

I'm afraid cc will never again be able to do something as amazing as (I) or (II), and honestly I feel like it's a betrayal to Alice to listen to this "new" cc. I honestly don't know what to make of all this :ohno:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

2 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

why did this "Alice Glass" leave the band? 
they had reeeeally good songs :blush:

edit: what are the songs form the instagram videos' names? 

not in love then deicide... not sure about the third one, it might be new

I am leaving Crystal Castles.
My art and my self-expression in any form has always been an attempt towards sincerity, honesty, and empathy for others. 
For a multitude of reasons both professional and personal I no longer feel that this is possible within CC. 
Although this is the end of the band, I hope my fans will embrace me as a solo artist in the same way they have embraced Crystal Castles. 
-Alice

Ethan's shade when he posted a song with Edith on Soundcloud:

i wish my former vocalist the best of luck in her future endeavors. i think it can be empowering for her to be in charge of her own project. it should be rewarding for her considering she didn’t appear on Crystal Castles’ best known songs. (she’s not on Untrust Us. “Not In Love,” “Vanished,” “Crimewave,” “Vietnam,” “Magic Spells,” “Knights,” “Air War,” “Leni,” “Lovers Who Uncover,” “Violent Youth,” “Reckless,” “Year of Silence,” “Intimate,” “1991,” “Good Time,” “Violent Dreams” etc.). people often gave her credit for my lyrics and that was fine, i didn’t care.

http://pitchfork.com/news/59405-crystal-castles-ethan-kath-speaks-out-on-alice-glass-frail-and-the-future-of-the-band/

SlayLin
13 minutes ago, Spooky said:

No. CC started out as Ethan's project before he even knew of Alice's existence. Crystal Castles is Ethan Kath. 

OT: I can't say I'm not disappointed at all or gutted that my favorite band got booed, but that's fine. There's a new album on the way and these are only their first two shows. I'm reserving judgement for now.

Haha. Ha. Haha.

See post above. :flop:

You rage for no reason because you have No Reason.

Ferrer Zorola
17 minutes ago, squeala said:

not in love then deicide... not sure about the third one, it might be new

I am leaving Crystal Castles.
My art and my self-expression in any form has always been an attempt towards sincerity, honesty, and empathy for others. 
For a multitude of reasons both professional and personal I no longer feel that this is possible within CC. 
Although this is the end of the band, I hope my fans will embrace me as a solo artist in the same way they have embraced Crystal Castles. 
-Alice

Ethan's shade when he posted a song with Edith on Soundcloud:

i wish my former vocalist the best of luck in her future endeavors. i think it can be empowering for her to be in charge of her own project. it should be rewarding for her considering she didn’t appear on Crystal Castles’ best known songs. (she’s not on Untrust Us. “Not In Love,” “Vanished,” “Crimewave,” “Vietnam,” “Magic Spells,” “Knights,” “Air War,” “Leni,” “Lovers Who Uncover,” “Violent Youth,” “Reckless,” “Year of Silence,” “Intimate,” “1991,” “Good Time,” “Violent Dreams” etc.). people often gave her credit for my lyrics and that was fine, i didn’t care.

http://pitchfork.com/news/59405-crystal-castles-ethan-kath-speaks-out-on-alice-glass-frail-and-the-future-of-the-band/

thanks for putting me in context, hubby :hor: 

LIFE IS GOOD

Archived