šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Despite Chart Company claims, Oasis are still the album chart record holde

Stef

Featured Posts

In a not-so-shocking turn of events Adele's 25 has smashed chart records, with 800,307 sales in a week.

It's the fastest selling album in chart history, overtaking Oasis's record-breaking album Be Here Now which sold 696,000 copies in its first chart week.

However, the Gallagher brothers' 1997 triumph was after only three days on sale. It was released on a Thursday and charted on a Sunday.

Compared with 25's first three days of sales, Oasis easily outshine Adele.

Be Here Now sold 158,000 more copies than 25, which shifted 538,000 in 72 hours.

_86919812_adele-3-days.jpg

So the comparison you've been hearing about is not like-for-like over a seven-day period.

Over a full week, Liam and Noel still sold more.

Be Here Now shifted 813,000 in that time compared to Adele's 800,307.

So whichever way you look at it, Oasis still beat Adele.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34919975/sorry-adele-oasis-are-still-the-album-chart-record-breakers

Ā 

Signature loadingā€¦ šŸ‘¹šŸ–¤

Fernster7

OMG she's over:derpga:

Ā 

Honestly I don't think she even cares, her numbers are amazing and album sales were better back then anyway.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Iwontell

Is it just me who doesn't give two s--ts about this kind of thing?

I only ask that bc these topics come around so very often...like, Bowie, The Beatles, Daft Punk, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and basically 99% of the artists I like never got to break any records or did it many, many years ago...and I still love them! I really don't get why it matters so much...

And I say that also in Adele's favor, cuz even if 25 had sold two thousand copies, she'd still be a great artist and 25 would still be a great record (imo, at least).Ā 

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

PlasticHo

Except their album was in 1997. Today's sales are much harder to come by... No?Ā 

Ā 

Also, not her fault they only had 3 days. Her debut still has the record. Believe what you like, it's in the record books.Ā 

Ā 

I'd love to see inflation/music industry adjustments for that country. Sales don't come by so easily now.Ā 

Ray of Light

Adele will also sell more than 8 million copies WW before the year is over, something their album barely did in the long run.Ā 

Welp. I guess the only thing left to do if for Adele to pack up and quit since she's such a flop with seling many times more copies than our favs last album did total in just one week.Ā :ohno:

RIP AdeleĀ :deadbanana:

Archived