💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

M.I.A. music video Borders

TiphEret

Featured Posts

TiphEret

New video of M.I.A : Borders.

As you know M.I.A is never afraid to speak up especially regarding refugees and war so enjoy

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorĂ©es,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TiphEret said:

New video of M.I.A : Borders.

As you know M.I.A is never afraid to speak up especially regarding refugees and war so enjoy

Amazing video and song. Already shared on fb  :giveup: 

Judas Oyster

Yay, finally the video! :D

Very relevant for todays situation too...

What's up with only 400 at quality tho', she normally has more than that :/

TiphEret
16 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

Yay, finally the video! :D

Very relevant for todays situation too...

What's up with only 400 at quality tho', she normally has more than that :/

Yes I thought the same it's a very good timing, I hope people will also realize that they may think she is so cool and gangsta but she was a refugee so she used to represent what most people in the West are afraid now if they watch the news on tv too much and stop thinking that all refugees are actually human beings ....

Regarding quality it might bec it's not on her vevo, the video was on apple music first so...

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorĂ©es,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom

Swan Heart

It's amazing. :applause:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Iwontell

Very interesting and the timing is perfect...

The music itself is just ok, the video is really good...I'm not sure I 100% get her position, but I like this perspective of immigration being people not accepting to be ignored anymore. I also enjoy how she focus on the cultural clash that comes with immigration, which creates so much tension, but is often overlooked in favor of political or religious discussions...

Idk, it's such a complex matter that whatever she says (whatever anyone says) will always sound like an oversimplification, but I'm glad that she's talking about it and providing a perspective that a lot of people don't even consider...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

TiphEret
28 minutes ago, panosmonster said:

Loved it and i like that she is not afraid to speaks. (fun fact:she is 40!)

I know and she has a kid but she still looks like she is 25 and she is like so cool , I love her!

wahkeenasitka

I loved this. 

1,000,000 times better than anything Nicki Minaj has ever put out. 

Love the fact that she creates socially / culturally meaningful songs... instead of "look at my booty".....

darkchylde

God, she's so underrated. She's always managed to creat magnificent bops that are also HUGE call outs on society. 

TiphEret
8 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

God, she's so underrated. She's always managed to creat magnificent bops that are also HUGE call outs on society. 

True I think she has talent and creativity even though not professionally trained in singing if I remember correctly also I think it's because she has such strong opinion and she doesn't chew her words so she can come out as aggressive. Also i remember an interview regarding her album MAYA and the interviewer basically wondering why she didn't become more pop musically and she said because I am growing but in my own way. Like she doesn't see the point to evolve in what people wants you to be so she does have integrity but the fact that she was super poor and is now quite rich and have always been in circle like fashion and rap always confuse the hell out of people... Also she can be childish like when she leaked the phone number of a journalist who wrote a bad piece about her, sure that woman was a b---h but come on MIA.... anyways it made me laugh ^^

Archived