💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will LG5 be a surprise release?

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

Arizona Sky

So as we know, Gaga has been keeping this project under the wraps for quite a while. Many things mentioned over the past months or even the past year have pointed towards a sudden/surprise release. Back in December 2014 she said, "I want it to be a surprise for my fans." So does this mean she will pull a Beyoncé, or will she hype several months in advance like she did with ARTPOP?

CyanLights

I personally don't want a surprise release cause she will just get backlash because she is Gaga. Even though surprise releases are nothing new. I would like her to maybe just release the single with a weeks warning. Maybe after the single drops, release the album about a month later. 

In a perfect world a surprise release would be awesome

When Beyonce dropped her eponymous album she was at the height of her domination over the media. Even being considered the best thing since sliced bread at the time did her no favors and the album was an underperformance.

I think Gaga's smarter than that.

artRaver

For the sake of my bank account hopefully no. 

Plus I would hate to have to see all the backlash she would get from other fan bases and music blogs stating how she apparently copied Beyoncé even though she wasn't the first to do it, lel. :wtf:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

I hope so, it would be fun for all of us and in the moment!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

monketsharona

I think it will be a surprise in term of themes, music, collaborations, song titles and so on... But I don't think she'll pull a Beyoncé in term of release...

Though I think she'll announce the date very close to the release date like one month before or even less.

ItsTommyBitch
23 minutes ago, Nino said:

When Beyonce dropped her eponymous album she was at the height of her domination over the media. Even being considered the best thing since sliced bread at the time did her no favors and the album was an underperformance.

I think Gaga's smarter than that.

What...

Beyoncé has sold near 6 million WW and 2 million in the US and was the best selling female solo artist album of 2013 and went to on to break some records and was also critically acclaimed. It also was the sixth highest selling album of 2014. I dont see how an INCREASE in sales (that isn't just marginal, but by several million) for an artist is an "underperformance" :laughga: 

@ the OP though, 

I dont think so, honestly she'd be dragged if she did that just because its Gaga like someone has said, but I'd be okay with it if not for the fact that she might under perform if she did :giveup: I think some people expect her to come back with like 500,000 first week, but thats not happening in my mind tbh :rip: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

8 minutes ago, ItsVenusBitch said:

Whaat? :rip: 

Beyoncé has sold near 6 million WW and 2 million in the US and was the best selling female solo artist album of 2013 and went to on to break some records and was also critically acclaimed. It also was the sixth highest selling album of 2014. I dont see how an INCREASE in sales (that isnt just marginal, but by several million) for an artist is an "underperformance" :laughga: 

4 sold 3.1m copies ww and was considered a harsh underperformance for Bey. ST was a near perfect pop album coming at the height of Beyonce's fame. It stands at 3.9 million today(numbers are ripped from ATRL).

Nobody with their head screwed on right can honestly deny that the album would have sold many millions of extra copies if it was handled better.

Aura Veil

If she were to do it, people would call her reductive and desperate. The moment it debuts at number 1 with sales below 1 million, the loud minority will say she can't sell. And when she releases her non-record breaking video, the same group will say she's over. Toxcity will consume this forum, and we will have a meltdown. She needs to get the release method right! Surprise album drops don't  work for everyone. 

ItsTommyBitch
12 minutes ago, Nino said:

4 sold 3.1m copies ww and was considered a harsh underperformance for Bey. ST was a near perfect pop album coming at the height of Beyonce's fame. It stands at 3.9 million today(numbers are ripped from ATRL).

Nobody with their head screwed on right can honestly deny that the album would have sold many millions of extra copies if it was handled better.

Im not arguing whether or not 4 under performed. I thought the general consensus though was that Beyoncé (the album) was an improvement though and wasnt seen as an underperformance basically anywhere. Part of the reason the album was successful commercially was because of its surprise release; a regularly managed "here's my lead single" then "heres the album" imo honestly wouldn't have done her any good. Your post definitely seemed to call Beyoncé (eponymous) an underperformance, and I don't think it really was.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Just now, ItsVenusBitch said:

Im not arguing whether or not 4 under performed. I thought the general consensus though was that Beyoncé (the album) was an improvement though and wasnt seen as an underperformance basically anywhere. Part of the reason the album was successful commercially was because of its surprise release; a regularly managed "here's my lead single" then "heres the album" imo honestly wouldn't have done her any good. Your post definitely seemed to call Beyoncé (eponymous) an underperformance, and I don't think it really was.

For someone as legendary as Beyonce being at the height of her career I feel it was. I expected more from queen

Princess Die

The amount of confusion on this site would be... :laughga:

When ARTPOP leaked I had just woken up and was all like, "Wat. :neyde:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

i hope she follows Adele's announcement schedule:

1 Month Before Album Release
- Album Title/Tracklist/Release Date
- Album Cover
- Lead Single Announcement

1 Day After Announcements
- Lead Single Release

Archived