Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is "All I Ask" the SLY of '25'?

Dangerous Man

Is All I Ask the Someone Like You of 25?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is All I Ask the Someone Like You of 25?

• Yes, beautiful as it is!
    • Nah

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

Do you think All I Ask is on the same level of Someone Like You?

For me it is. It's really very emotional and beautiful as SLY. It gave me the same feelings that SLY gave to me. Definitely a heart stirrer song. I was also overwhelmed when i discovered Bruno co-wrote it. They just created a beatiful heart break ballad. :giveup:

Now it's my favorite song of the album after WWY! 

Here's its first amazing live performance:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Dangerous Man

All I Ask is also the song in 25 with piano-only instrumental just like SLY. :flutter:

Haroon

It's actually one of my less liked songs on the album (still liked, just not as much as some of the others :laughga: ), I think Hello and Water Under the Bridge had the Someone Like You effect on me :omg: 

PlasticHo

I do think it could be. The performance you posted is so good too. It's a toss up between this and when she really gets into When We Were Young. Did you see the end of the BBC performance of When We Were Young? Gave me goosebumps!!!

Dangerous Man
Just now, PlasticHo said:

I do think it could be. The performahugee you posted is so good too. It's a toss up between this and when she really gets into When We Were Young. Did you see the end of the BBC performance of When We Were Young? Gave me goosebumps!!!

All her 3 performances of WWWY gave me goosebumps. The lyrics and melody of the song + Adele's solid emotional voice are just incredible, no wonder she loves the song so much.

Hopefully All I Ask will be the 3rd single after WWWY.

PlasticHo
Just now, Evo said:

All her 3 performances of WWWY gave me goosebumps. The lyrics and melody of the song + Adele's solid emotional voice are just incredible, no wonder she loves the song so much.

Hopefully All I Ask will be the 3rd single after WWWY.

She has such an emotional connection with her songs and performances. I'm here for every performance/single like that! 

PlasticHo
7 minutes ago, Haroon said:

It's actually one of my less liked songs on the album (still liked, just not as much as some of the others :laughga: ), I think Hello and Water Under the Bridge had the Someone Like You effect on me :omg: 

Water Under The Bridge gets me too. THAT OPENING PART!!! I'm in as soon as I hear that wooohoooouuu. Lol

Haroon
2 minutes ago, PlasticHo said:

Water Under The Bridge gets me too. THAT OPENING PART!!! I'm in as soon as I hear that wooohoooouuu. Lol

It really gets the feelings flowing from the outset :giveup: 

Kermit

Why did I read the title as LG5...

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

A Real Panda

Its an album standout for me, along with When We Were Young, Hello, Remedy and Water Under The Bridge. The rest of the album is meh for me.

Katsuki Bakugo
25 minutes ago, Haroon said:

When We Were Young did as well... for me. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Mister Gaga

No, and i'll tell you why.

What made Someone Like You so iconic was the simplicity of it's melody combined with Adele's powerful vocals, but most of all, the sincerity that you could feel in it's lyrics.

All I Ask is great, but it doesn't fit in that category imo. 

But Million Years Ago does. You can feel her real pain in the lyrics (ironically, they have nothing to do with romantic love); she almost cries in the chorus, when she says "I miss the air, i miss my friends, i miss my mother".

it's so heartbreaking. It's the Someone Like You of 25 for me.

migamiga

Love it but no. Reminds me of "When I Was Your Man" but given that it was written and produced with Bruno it's no surprise

Dark Anatomy

I love this song but it such a rip off of Shania Twain's pre -chorus on "When".

0:36 "When will I wake up, why did we break up, when will we make up" = "All I ask"'s piano riff. 

Archived