💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Adele peaked?

Carmex

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

I would say she has peaked, but that is not a bad thing. 

Even after 25 she will easily sell millions in her first week, but them numbers were already unreachable in the first place, I did not think she would reach them. 

I consider 25 as her 'Born This Way' and 21 was her 'The Fame Monster'. Why? Because during 21 , Adele was an up and coming artist like Gaga and established herself. Born This Way and 25 was the hype after those albums hence why they sold big numbers. 

Even in her ARTPOP era she will open with like 2m or something :laughga: 

In my messy era.

Haroon

I think she can get bigger if people have responded well to 25 and the era and it leaves them wanting more Adele :flutter: Which I don't doubt that it will because it's an awesome album and Adele's gaps between albums are sizable :omg: 

GagaMyBlood95

Can you actually get bigger than this? Selling 3 million albums in US in a week, probably over 5-6 million WW in one week??

Having #1 single everywhere??

I mean..

TEANUS

Idk, I mean if she really evolves again with fresh sounds I think she just continue to grow.

Keep in mind,beyond thought 21 would be her peak, but, she's bigger than ever right now

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

nativenewyorker

Anything is possible, I guess. Look at how she followed up 21.. another record-breaking album that could have an even bigger impact than 21 did. 

Nothing against the OP but I hate that this question is asked right after the album is released and the sales are counted. Why not just celebrate Adele's success and enjoy her new music and performances instead of thinking: "Can she pull those sales again?" "Will her next album be this successful?" "How is she gonna top this?" :neyde:

At this point, everyone should be enjoying the moment instead of worrying about topping herself in the future. It happens to people who achieve record breaking first week sales, like Gaga and Taylor Swift. The media holds them to their past work and if they don't deliver the same results, they tear them down. That's really the only thing you can do to belittle a successful artist. "Even though this album was one of the best selling albums of this year, your last album sold WAY more. Looks like your career is falling apart and there's nowhere to go but down from here." What a joke.

It's okay to make music with the intent of worldwide success in mind, aiming high isn't a bad thing. But when an artist is forced to consistently produce albums with ridiculously high amounts of sales, hit singles and cultural impact, it becomes daunting and the aunthenticity is removed. It can create a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure. The self-doubt caused by the pressure for the artist to outdo not only themselves, but the entire world as well, can stop you from being yourself. Instead, you start becoming what you think people want you to be. 

The artist's success should be celebrated and after releasing a successful album, they shouldn't be put under pressure to make that kind of money again. (Thanks Troy :hor:)

The media loves to compare the artist's past success against them when they release their followup. In this case, Adele handled it perfectly.

I'm just gonna focus on her current domination of the music industry and enjoy that legendary voice of hers. If she can do this again, more power to her. But if she can't, it shouldn't be held against her. It's incredibly difficult to do it once and she's done it again. As long as she keeps the quality of her music consistent like she's done so far, I'm down. :D

Sorry for the rant! :laughga: tldr: If she does it again or not, I don't care.. as long as the music is good. Artists shouldn't be put under pressure to recreate this level of success. 

Who knows, I would say she has, but damn. What a peak.

I think her main strength is (other than her voice and talent) is that she is British. I mean that honestly, look at her promo. It started with an ad during UK X-Factor and blew up on the internet from there. The British media and public are going to hugely support her, she had an entire special dedicated to her by BBC hosted by Graham Norton.

It's not like the US where there are countless huge stars, the UK has celebrity artists like Lily Allen, One Direction and Rita Ora and the such, but none are as captivating as Adele. They don't have the wide appeal. Adele is the UK's biggest star and they milk that. She releases an album and she has an entire nation supporting her and promoting her. 

She could take another four years off after this and still come back with the full support of the British media and public. The massive press attention there translates to more social media excitement and more attention in the international media.

That's one of the advantages Adele now has over her contemporaries, she can command the attention, support and media blitz of an entire nation when she releases an album. Gaga, Beyonce, Madonna, Katy, Miley etc release an album and they are just another US superstar competing with Rihanna, Taylor, Nicki, Britney, Pink etc. The coverage of them in their home country might be sizable, but it's shared with coverage of a range of other singers, actors and reality T.V stars. It's nothing compared to the complete coverage Adele gets in the UK.

Mister Gaga

Commercially? Yes, she peaked/is currently at her peak. Something like the BTW era. She's having gigantic sales, because of the hype that 21 created. But 25, IMO doesn't have the hits that 21 had (there's no other song that screams hit, apart from Hello); but is a beautiful album anyway. I mean, there's no way she could sell 30M copies again. She'll sell 15/18M maybe, which is amazing, but 30 million is just too much.

Artistically? No, i think she still has many things to show. 

Archived