💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Adele?

Nino

Featured Posts

I just don't understand this woman's success. I think it's wonderful that in 2015 people are ready to celebrate good art so much. I'm also very happy for her and her fans over the success, but I just really don't undestand why Adele of all artists is receiving this previously unseen level of praise by the people. Adele's career to me feels like some global inside joke that I'm just not in on.

I like her 3 albums, they are good listens for sure but she just feels dull and lazy in comparison to her contemporaries. Her voice is very obviously not properly trained, she makes so many mistakes that it's unacceptable for somebody marketed as an all-time great vocalist. Beyonce, for example has worked tirelessly all her life to achieve some degree of mastery over her voice and does so much to take care of it so that it won't degrade. Adele by comparison just screams until she can't scream anymore. Her visuals, including how she presents herself feels lazy. The others have to sweat for their incredible bodies and pay attention to fashion to a nearly unhealthy degree. They also have entire teams dedicated to making sure their visuals are consistent and polished. Adele by comparison doesn't feel like she cares. Her songs are excellent, but she hasn't shown any artistic growth throughout her career. The others have to always innovate and grow otherwise they become walking jokes(Focus comes to mind as an example). Adele has made it clear that she doesn't feel the need to, or that she can't. It feels to me like celebrating Adele and how she's going against the grain of the industry and breaking norms is celebrating a lack of effort. Even the least talented or the biggest sellouts of the pop landscape dedicate their lives and often sacrifice their own happiness for the sake of entertaining the masses. Adele has not. Adele never will. This brings me to my question: Why? Why does everyone love this woman so much when she's so clearly done so much less for her art and career?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse me if I sound negative, I don't dislike the woman. I just want to fully explain where the question comes from.

7 minutes ago, Felicia said:

Why not?

I explained why not, at least for me :neyde:

6 minutes ago, Checkers said:

Adele said that she doesn't make music for eyes, she makes music for ears.

The problem has so much more to do with the vanity of the industry though. She works with "tired" writers and producers, sings averagely, and relies on retro-inspired songs to sell records.Things that aren't sin, but all other pop stars religiously get dragged for doing.

Here's why, she doesn't come off to the public as a manufactured pop star who's selling s-x nor the 'pop culture'. She's basically showing herself, which is really rare nowadays.

But tbh, her songs are relatable af. It may not be to you or to me, but the GP loves it.

At the end of the day, we 'stans' don't have a chance to compete with the selling power of the GP. Good thing Adele is on their side.

00026 † 10000

Omg, I thought I was the only one :rip:

She really doesn't have any good singing techniques, she literally screams when she has to hit high notes. You can hear that in the chorus of Hello. Also, if she really had a good technique, then why the hell did she had to go under vocal chords surgery? She damaged her vocal chords.

Her music is good, but she needs to get out of her comfort zone. She lacks Whitney and Mariah's versatility, so I don't even consider her one of the best singers of all time.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

The only explanation that I have is that she has an extraordinary voice combined with great songwriting skills that she uses to write songs people can easily relate to. She's not off-putting or polarizing, and she's not provocative so she appeals to all ages.

venusian

basically she appeals to every crowd and every age. she's very marketable. is she overrated yes. but she's still a force to reckoned with and has an extraordinary voice

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Ray of Light

Watch any of her interviews. Not only is she talented, beautiful and humble... But she's VERY relatable & that's a feature anyone; no matter how poor, rich, old, gay, black, white, tall, etc, will always appreciate and be a sucker for. She's also refreshing in that she's so simple and raw compared to our saturated and information-heavy society.  

RAMROD

I am sorry for your wrong opinion tbh.

Her voice is not well trained?

She is a BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology graduate.

Do you know who else graduate from that place? Amy Winehouse was one of them.

Also, why not? Adele prove that less is more.

Not everyone have to be trendy and acting edgy while most of them who doing it, did so because they were asked by their label.

Also her lyrics are super relatable, there are no confusing symbols that make people figure out what she was singing about, so people can connect to her much better and she present it with such nice music, nice packaging, who's not in love with that?

She is succesful because she made lane for her own, yet her impact felt yards away.

Sometimes what you need is a great attitude and great music. Just like what good divas had back in the days.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ryhanna

She has a wide appeal, I guess. I get where you're coming from, though. I love Adele, but I think a lot of her success is really down to luck. There's nothing wrong with that, even. It's just magnificent luck that she's been able to capture the hearts and ears of so many people. 

3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I am sorry for your wrong opinion tbh.

Her voice is not well trained?

She is a BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology graduate.

Do you know who else graduate from that place? Amy Winehouse was one of them.

A: You were needlessly rude to a degree where it's worrying. 

B: Someone who's well trained doesn't have a voice that fails them. That's not how vocal training works. People had long, successful singing careers long before the invention of vocal surgery to fix people's mistakes.

Archived