Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Adele '25' US sales discussion - reached 3M+

Haroon

Featured Posts

Haroon

Please discuss Adele's '25' US album sales here as the week progresses because we don't need multiple threads about sales updates :laughga: 

A new thread can be made at the end of the week when the final numbers are in and stuff, but until then please keep updates and stuff contained here - thanks :yay: 

update: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6777831/adele-25-more-than-3-million

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Adele is going for a milestone this millennium.

Sources reveal that Columbia Records will ship 3.6 million physical copies of the singer's new album 25 in the U.S., which would probably mark the largest number of new-release CDs shipped in the past decade. The last album to ship more than that would have been *NSYNC's "No Strings Attached, which shipped 4.2 million units back in 2000.

As of Nov. 18, insiders tell Billboard that parent company Sony Music is projecting first-week CD sales of 1.5 million, while Apple digital sales are expected to be about 900,000. Overall downloads should come in at about 1 million units. Sources also suggest that preorders at iTunes will wind up at about 450,000, while Amazon’s pre-orders have already topped 100,000, for both CDs and MP3s.

If the digital and CD projections are hit, that means Adele would be selling about 2.5 million units in her debut week, which would make it the largest-selling album in a week in Nielsen SoundScan history, which began monitoring album sales in 1991. That record is currently held by *NSYNC’s No Strings Attached, which sold 2.415 million units back in the week ending March 26, 2000.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6769320/adele-25-sales-shipping-projections-nsync

She is coming for N'Sync record in the US.:giveup:

Also, if she sell 2.5 Mcopies in the US alone, that means she only needs to sell more than 500K outside the country to break Utada's 3M first week WW sales. Legend A is ruthless. :giveup:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

chromaticka
1 minute ago, JEWRJEWR said:

the music is tragic tho

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

I Met Lady Gaga On February 7th, 2016; Attended Superbowl 51 and Coachella 2017.

ARTPOPdidntflop
8 minutes ago, JEWRJEWR said:

the music is tragic tho

It's kinda corny a little bit :blink:

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Warholian

I can't wait until Adele has her inevitable breakdown and shaves her head, maybe even killing somebody. Decay, Slaydele, decay. May the billions you'll get from 25 fuel your addiction to crystal meth and murder. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Wolf Boy

how did utada manage to sell that much in one week? no shade, i just don't know anyone that knows her......is it mostly an asian market thing?

darkchylde

This proves that album sales have nothing to do with music quality. I'm not saying it's a bad album, it's just not good enough to sell 2.5M.

Prismatic
24 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

how did utada manage to sell that much in one week? no shade, i just don't know anyone that knows her......is it mostly an asian market thing?

She came off a successful era (First Love most sold album in all of Asia and sold 10 million copies) :giveup: Then everyone was hype for her second half and also at the same time, Ayu, she was huge too and is releasing her first complication/best of album and they were going to head to head and both of their faves wanted to beat each other and it was a huge mess. It made Roar/Appluase look like a kid's play. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Mobster

I love her music for her voice, I'm not that into her lyrics... That being said, it really can't hurt to have a singer / songwriter breaking records, rather than a manufactured pop star... 

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

TimisaMonster

WOW...she's slaying effortlessly :giveup:

and Taylor thought 1 million+ was something to brag about...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived