💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Glorious Turkish Drama that once slayed Eastern Europe/Middle East is back

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster

The show that feeds us turks' glorious barbaric blood is back :D We are gonna drink rakı, eat kebap, watch Magnificent Century, and kill your people :hor: 

Turkish period drama Magnificent Century (Muhteşem Yüzyıl)'s sequel Muhteşem Yüzyıl: Kösem (Magnificent Century: Kösem) is starting to be aired. Original series were covering the period of Suleiman the Magnificent. Sequel is set to be during the time of Mahpeyker Kösem Sultan (who is not actually the emperor) whose time is considered to be one of the peaks of Sultanate of Women in Ottoman Empire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6sem_Sultan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Women

Original Series were aired in 60 different countries reaching more than 250 Million Audience, specifically dominating Balkans, Eastern Europe, Middle East, North Africa a.k.a. old Ottoman Empire territories. It once became so popular that some countries such as Macedonia took action against turkish tv shows in order to reduce Turkish cultural impact on their countries. Bishop Anthimos of Thessaloniki, and greek far-right party Golden Dawn Party condemned the show, and urged greeks not to watch the show , adding "By watching the Turkish series we are telling them we have surrendered."

Phoenix

They didn't play that one here. I am kinda bored with Turkish series at this point, they are all the same.

I wish mexican telenovelas would get a rebirth or smtn.

💎

AlphaMonster
7 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

They didn't play that one here. I am kinda bored with Turkish series at this point, they are all the same.

I wish mexican telenovelas would get a rebirth or smtn.

I don't know where it is, but this one just started so they did not air it in any country except only 2 episodes in Turkey yet... They will start airing it in balkans probably in couple months.

Archived