Is Pop Culture Really Gaga's Bitch?

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth
4 hours ago, yASSsss said:

some old examples from internet 

tumblr_lslfewFW6x1qcc8ul.jpg

11-576x550.jpg

The fact that Katy was already being quirky and over-the-top before Gaga got big and debuted... Ya'll need to try harder. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

yASSsss
17 hours ago, Kacey Elizabeth said:

The fact that Katy was already being quirky and over-the-top before Gaga got big and debuted... Ya'll need to try harder. 

yeah right,i totally believe u arilol.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

PMKKARDASHiAN
17 hours ago, Kacey Elizabeth said:

Was she, or was she relying on s-x, big boobs, and sultry images? During OOTB she was dolled up and not quirky or over the top at all visually or musically, and didn't she remain kinda calm during most of TD? It wasn't until she wore the cheese on her head that I thought "yep there's gagas influence" but I wouldn't say she was anything quirky, over the top, or different until then... and I'm not a Katy hater, just callin it how I saw it back in the day 

Kacey Elizabeth
1 hour ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Was she, or was she relying on s-x, big boobs, and sultry images? During OOTB she was dolled up and not quirky or over the top at all visually or musically, and didn't she remain kinda calm during most of TD? It wasn't until she wore the cheese on her head that I thought "yep there's gagas influence" but I wouldn't say she was anything quirky, over the top, or different until then... and I'm not a Katy hater, just callin it how I saw it back in the day 

Yeah, as if wearing a strawberry outfit along with the man/woman look that she had on 2008 EMA's red carpet weren't quirky, different, or over-the-top? What about all the costumes she wore in 2008 EMAs and the fruit costume at 2009 Grammys? What about the Hello Kitty outfit that she wore at 2009 BRITs? Or 'I Kissed a Girl' and 'Ur So Gay'? You'd be lying to yourself or would be just delsuinal if you say that Katy wasn't at least quirky and weird ever since her mainstream career from One of the Boys.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Kacey Elizabeth said:

Yeah, as if wearing a strawberry outfit along with the man/woman look that she had on 2008 EMA's red carpet weren't quirky, different, or over-the-top? What about all the costumes she wore in 2008 EMAs and the fruit costume at 2009 Grammys? What about the Hello Kitty outfit that she wore at 2009 BRITs? Or 'I Kissed a Girl' and 'Ur So Gay'? You'd be lying to yourself or would be just delsuinal if you say that Katy wasn't at least quirky and weird ever since her mainstream career from One of the Boys.

Hold on now sister, don't attack me for questioning and giving an opinion. I'm so sick of the word "delusional" used as a verb when someone has an idea or thought outside of someone else's. No, I don't consider KPs fashion quirky or over the top during that time, I consider it typical girly, cute throw away fashion. And gaga had been on the scene since 08 so using a what Katy wore to an 09 event doesn't mean she was "quirky" before gaga.. like please, and in turn I'm not saying gaga is the sole reason to cause a shift in celebrity fashion but I believe, yes, she had influence on every single pop girl in the game at that time, and to say you disagree doesn't mean you're "delusional" it means you don't see it how I see it. How dare you try and undermine what I constitute as quirky and over the top and my opinions on celebrity fashion by calling me "delusional" cuz we have differing opinions. These are the kinds of stans I simply cannot tolerate or entertain. 

Good day 

GloZell Green
On November 18, 2015 at 2:41:52 PM, yASSsss said:

some old examples from internet 

tumblr_lslfewFW6x1qcc8ul.jpg

11-576x550.jpg

I honestly feel like she did set up super high standards with music and hooks from TF. Fashion, music videos, and new sounds from TFM and BTW. ARTPOP made art in pop popular, you see that with ANTI, Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz, Britney's Next album and Katy's next album. 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

it's hard to tell because it's so early in her career. if she had the same success as TF and TFM she would have made pop culture her b---h.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

phantasmas

its not really about her peers being influenced by her; but more about how her peers' labels would want to emulate gagas career on them. 

this happens a LOT. someone gets big > everyone else tries to follow in that persons footsteps and ride the same hype trains.

Archived