Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Bieber give you hope for Gaga?

UmbriaWitch

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, amenvodka said:

Why should it give me hope for Gaga that somebody who acts like a jackass and makes sub-par music with mediocre vocals is hugely successful and is seen as super mega talented and dreamy? :neyde:

If Bieber has mediocre vocals, gaga isn't better. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ModernEcstasy

At the end of the day, it all comes down to one thing:

She needs to put out the right music. No confusing lyrics and needs to be catchy. 

Giorno Giovanna

if gaga released Art Angels I would be slayed tbqmfh

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Whispering

Bieber is like 1D, with those hundreds of thousands of tweeny and teen girls. After a period of time off, he was always going to come back with them. 

Alfonso

Of course, if bieber could sell 500k in his first week, Gaga, with LG5 being a smash could sell more, at least 500k and mayor like 1M, if we're positive ;)

AlexanderLevi2

I love discussion but this topic of whether Gaga will flop or not is just beating a dead horse. I'm sure Gaga will do great. Don't worry about this. That's what her managers are for.

Currently listening to Joanne

Warholian

Adele gives me more hope. Even Gaga was more relevant than Adele about a month or less ago. She hadn't released an album since 2011. Now she's the most famous artist in the world. 

What matters is the quality of music. If they have new good music the public will pay attention as was the case for Adele and Justin. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

arthurhmangum

I think ARTPOP was one of the first albums that proved that it's hard to sell nowadays, with streaming and all.

I personally don't hear alot of flop jokes about any artist nowadays.  

So, I think the GP will understand if she undersells again. :nick:

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

StrawberryBlond

Beyonce is who gives me hope. To come back from the floppage of 4 to her new album which was one of the biggest sellers is a sign that it can get better. She went through a big comeback where she was put everywhere, even if she wasn't making new music. That is exactly what Gaga's doing right now - C2C, TIHTY, AHS, etc. It's all about warming her up to the public again. It worked with Beyonce and it can work for her. Beyonce only got one US top ten from her new album but because she had the album sales, she still got called a success. I'm positive Gaga can acheive better than that with her next album.

Comparing her with Justin doesn't really work. He's male and the industry is a lot easier on them than females and they can make comebacks way better. Justin has also always been generic, so for him to make a comeback with generic was of course successful. But Gaga can't come back with generic, the public won't let her. They expect better from her than that. So, Justin overall doesn't have to try as hard because he's a generic male and making a comeback when you're one of them can be as easy as pie. Although I was still surprised he made it after the mess that was Journals (even his label tried to pretend it didn't happen by calling it a compliation album after release so that it wouldn't be recorded as his first album not to go #1 in the US) and the failure of his Believe film.

Just now, Whispering said:

Bieber is like 1D, with those hundreds of thousands of tweeny and teen girls. After a period of time off, he was always going to come back with them. 

But those tweens and teens move on super fast. That's why a lot of teen stars tend not to last longer than 3 albums (if they're lucky). When they're replaced, they're replaced. Once their current fanbase has outgrown them, they don't gain a new one. The performance of Journals pretty much confirmed that Justin was officially done. That's why his comeback was so surprising to me. If anything, a long break means those fans move on. A joke made on his Roast was "You haven't released an album in 3 years, what are you doing? If you listen closely, you can hear 1D f*****g your fans." Which was exactly how I saw it. When a new sensation takes over, there's no going back for the previous star.

Dark Anatomy

Gaga was being dragged for her artistry. Justin wasn't. :dry:

All Justin had to do was bat his eyelashes, say he's sorry for being a horrible person, and win back the GP. :hor:

Gaga, on the other hand, has had to re-invent her music and style completely. :neyde:

On the upside though, Gaga may not be getting the sales right now (as she hasn't put out a new pop record) but she is getting the ACCLAIM and RESPECT Justin would KILL to get. :yay:

LeoFameMonster

Really impressed with his comeback.... who would of thought?

Hopefully Gags can do it to, or even bigger.

imwoahvicky
6 hours ago, mic said:

i perceive flop as a significant downfall from previous work's performance.

I don't think it's her fault that she wasn't able to top her previous albums considering the fact that she couldn't release the music she wanted and she had a really hard time during 2013 with her team...

See, this is the reason why Gaga had such a mess. Everyone expected too much from her to top her first album TF/TFM that sold 15million worldwide and BTW which sold 7million worldwide. It's just HARD to top. Illegally downloading and streaming is becoming more and more popular day by day, and getting high sales isn't as easy as it used to be.

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

13 hours ago, Creyk said:

I think she will, actually. I expect LG5's first 2 singles to be in the vein of TF or TFM era singles, no hard-hitting artistic message, just good bops that serve their purpose in restoring her place on the throne.

That's... kind of sad to think about. Hmm.

3 points in and ready for more

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Gaga was being dragged for her artistry. Justin wasn't. :dry:

All Justin had to do was bat his eyelashes, say he's sorry for being a horrible person, and win back the GP. :hor:

Gaga, on the other hand, has had to re-invent her music and style completely. :neyde:

On the upside though, Gaga may not be getting the sales right now (as she hasn't put out a new pop record) but she is getting the ACCLAIM and RESPECT Justin would KILL to get. :yay:

On that note, that's a lot more respectable, considering the scrutiny women in any field face.

3 points in and ready for more

The general public isn't here for Lady Gaga. Not to say they are completely opposed to her, but they just don't care. But I think Gaga will see moderate success with LG5 due to streaming and her loyal fans.

Archived