Does Bieber give you hope for Gaga?

UmbriaWitch

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta
8 hours ago, Simon said:

If Bieber has mediocre vocals, gaga isn't better. 

In any way possible you compare their vocals, every vocal expert you ask, the answer will be the same. Gaga has 10 times the vocals bieber has. Bieber is just a mediocore vocalist and he is comparable with Katy Perry in vocals, not with Gaga.

Whispering
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But those tweens and teens move on super fast. That's why a lot of teen stars tend not to last longer than 3 albums (if they're lucky). When they're replaced, they're replaced. Once their current fanbase has outgrown them, they don't gain a new one. The performance of Journals pretty much confirmed that Justin was officially done. That's why his comeback was so surprising to me. If anything, a long break means those fans move on. A joke made on his Roast was "You haven't released an album in 3 years, what are you doing? If you listen closely, you can hear 1D f*****g your fans." Which was exactly how I saw it. When a new sensation takes over, there's no going back for the previous star.

Obviously, for some artists they don't move on...and they also continue to follow them. They grow with the artist. Some of these artists that started out so young are retaining their old fans and gaining new younger fans. 

Journals was a mess during a messy time for Justin. The singles were released weekly and it didn't have a real radio single or a traditional album roll out with promo. It was also too soon after his last album. Everything was off with that release.

The long break scenario doesn't necessarily mean fans move on. Look at JT, Adele, Etc. If Rihanna had her act together and had released a hot radio single and a cohesive roll out, people would have been waiting for her album. Bruno will end up with a longer break between albums. If he ends up putting out a catchy successful first single, people will be ready for his next release. There really isn't a one size fits all prediction when it comes to release schedules. 

PMKKARDASHiAN
On November 18, 2015 5:25:39 AM, Creyk said:

I think she will, actually. I expect LG5's first 2 singles to be in the vein of TF or TFM era singles, no hard-hitting artistic message, just good bops that serve their purpose in restoring her place on the throne.

I can only hope. I despise JB, but his singles so far are complete bops! I won't buy anything with his name attached, but he'll get my streaming points for sure, so consider me GP when it comes to JB, so if gaga can deliver good, simple, fun bops, the GP could certainly jump on her band wagon, but if we are talking songs in the vein of TF/M then I'm here 1000%! 

Born To Slay
19 hours ago, Brahyun said:

The general public isn't here for Lady Gaga. Not to say they are completely opposed to her, but they just don't care. But I think Gaga will see moderate success with LG5 due to streaming and her loyal fans.

You could've easily said the same thing about Justin just 6 months ago

On 18/11/2015 17:45:30, Simon said:

If Bieber has mediocre vocals, gaga isn't better. 

Are you serious???

I just can't believe what 'im reading:blink:

Seems that the strategy of a duet as pre-single is always working for a comeback

1) Love The Way You Lie before Loud
2) Where are u now before Purpose
3) Get Lucky before Happy

StrawberryBlond
8 hours ago, Whispering said:

Obviously, for some artists they don't move on...and they also continue to follow them. They grow with the artist. Some of these artists that started out so young are retaining their old fans and gaining new younger fans. 

Journals was a mess during a messy time for Justin. The singles were released weekly and it didn't have a real radio single or a traditional album roll out with promo. It was also too soon after his last album. Everything was off with that release.

The long break scenario doesn't necessarily mean fans move on. Look at JT, Adele, Etc. If Rihanna had her act together and had released a hot radio single and a cohesive roll out, people would have been waiting for her album. Bruno will end up with a longer break between albums. If he ends up putting out a catchy successful first single, people will be ready for his next release. There really isn't a one size fits all prediction when it comes to release schedules. 

The difference is that those artists you mentioned weren't ever teen sensations (well, maybe JT, but he's a very different case). Artists like that can take breaks because their audience have memory spans but teen sensations can't or they'll be forgotten since the teen audience is notoriously fickle. If they can't pump out an album every year like the other teen sensations, their fans will question what's wrong and move on in their absence.

Except it's not EDM like ARTPOP it's tropical house mixed with trap which is actually the trend right now (Kygo/Omi), AP did sound outdated. 

Archived