💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Bieber give you hope for Gaga?

UmbriaWitch

Featured Posts

UmbriaWitch

As at this time last year, Bieber's career was in an even arguably worse spot than Gaga's. No one liked him, he was deemed over, his fanbase mostly made up of prepubescent girls had moved on to 1D etc, etc. Now he's about to slay with one of the biggest opening weeks of 2015 and recent times at 580k (and increasing), scored a #1 hit, and the era is heading in the right direction.

Similarities can be drawn to Gaga, who was also declared "over", and wasn't getting much love from the "geepee" and media. Looking at Bieber's slayage, do you think this signifies hope for Gaga?

Let's also remember that Purpose is slaying as an EDM/dance pop album, a genre that Little Managers said is outdated and no one wants anymore, apparently

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weasel

Bieber was dragged personally, Gaga was dragged for ''flopping''. If gaga fails to deliver I'm sure media will have a field day again. 

Yes. If Bieber can do it, so can Gaga. I mean come on, it's no question that Gaga is far more talented, intelligent, puts on better performances and delivers better music. Plus, you know, she doesn't act like a tool half the time. That chair-throwing incident had me cringing so hard.

artRaver

When will Little Managers realize there's absolutely nothing wrong with EDM and it definitely isn't outdated. Just because an album wasn't as successful as you planned in your head doesn't mean it was the genres fault. :green:

OT: I'll always have hope for Gaga no matter what the GP thinks. 

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

The Child

He's a male

She's a female

He never flopped like Gaga apparently did.

Their situations are incomparable.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Brooke Candy
27 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

He's a male

She's a female

Gaga didnt flop.

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

shaneybaby
39 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

He's a male

She's a female

didn't he have an album called journals that never was heard of... 

31 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

He's a male

She's a female

Journals flopped so hard the gp never even heard about it, so he never flopped like Gaga, it was much worse.

i think one of the reasons Justin's having such a great comeback is because his problems are with his personal life, and that can be easily fixed with a good pr team and lying through your teeth. Gaga was not liked because of her polarising artistry, and she's not going to give up her art just to become more commercially successful, so the gp may still hold it against her.

that being said, I hope LG5 will sway the gp and make them appreciate Gaga more, and Gaga will have ha great return to the pop world.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

SlaeUrAnus

Bieber nearly quit music all together whereas Gaga has had mini projects to keep the minority interested.

It gives me hope though. I am here for both CHARTS and MUSIC. It gives me the satisfaction that Gaga is getting the recognition and praise she truly deserves even if chart music is at its low.

Yes ARTPOP flopped (not commercially, but compared to her previous attempts), but LG5 would define her legacy and longevity especially after the media dragging of ARTPOP. I truly God hope it is a major success and everyone sees how much of a gem she is in this s--tty industry.

In my messy era.

21 minutes ago, MANiKIWI said:

she's not going to give up her art just to become more commercially successful, so the gp may still hold it against her.

I think she will, actually. I expect LG5's first 2 singles to be in the vein of TF or TFM era singles, no hard-hitting artistic message, just good bops that serve their purpose in restoring her place on the throne.

Bradley

I have much faith in the quality of the music Gaga delivers to us. The only thing that I'm concerned about is her promotion. What Do You Mean had worldwide success due to the 30-day countdown hype and constant TV performances.

Applause's commercial success was also due to amazing promotion. So it doesn't really depend on the GP whether or not Gaga will have success, it depends on Gaga's promotional team. Like I've said for a hundred times, the GP has proven themselves to be relatively fair and they will buy any music that sounds good. The problem is the music has to reach them, and of course through promotion. There is no strong hatred for Gaga, the haters who comment on her videos 24/7 are always the same people and they represent the minority. So if Gaga promotes her new album and singles rigorously, I'm sure she will do decent if not massive numbers.

I mean come on, give me a Lady Gaga single that flopped despite heavy promotion. You can't name one.

Marry the Night is the closest but considering it to be the fifth and final single of the album, we should give it some leeway. (Wildest Dreams from 1989 is a similar example) It did peak at #29 on Hot 100 and was certified Gold in the US. I also think the video is a little too much for the GP, no one but little monsters is gonna understand why she poured cereal on herself, lying naked on a mattress looking like an utter mess.

Fiona Apple
1 hour ago, CrazyMonster said:

He's a male

She's a female

He flopped 100 times harder than Gaga lol

PrinceGaga
20 minutes ago, AmericanHSlave said:

no one but little monsters is gonna understand why she poured cereal on herself, lying naked on a mattress looking like an utter mess.

I love everything you said but this bit made me chuckle :laughga:

2 hours ago, Creyk said:

Yes. If Bieber can do it, so can Gaga. I mean come on, it's no question that Gaga is far more talented, intelligent, puts on better performances and delivers better music. Plus, you know, she doesn't act like a tool half the time. That chair-throwing incident had me cringing so hard.

Well, "more talented" is discussable 

Archived