Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is JB proof GP doesn't care about behavior more than good hits?

Poope MOnster

Featured Posts

Riot Poof
2 minutes ago, Clean said:

Dude, she was blacklisted and banned everywhere around the world

But she still got a #1 album this decade. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

No, sorry. Gaga is the gayest thing anyone could listen to. JB is now seen as more appealing to everyone. His recent songs are turning haters into fans. Guys and girls enjoy him now. 

Gaga is still more gay to listen to. 

I'm sorry but you made a statement with no explanations and supporting reasons at all, I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to reply to you:neyde:

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, AmericanHSlave said:

I'm sorry but you made a statement with no explanations and supporting reasons at all, I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to reply to you:neyde:

It's quite obvious though. If you tell someone you listen to Gaga it is perceived as gay. Have you listened to Justin's new songs? Where are U Now, What Do You Mean, Sorry? They have a distinct sound that attracts more than just hormonal teen girls and gays. Skrillex is responsible for that. I've read the comments on his videos. Haters are turning into fans. I personally didn't like JB's music, only his singles, and so far I love every song he's released. 

Gaga on the other hand has done more classy things this year and AHS. She may have earned more respect for her talent among people but she will always be seen as a "gay" artist. JB never marketed himself as a gay artist. He naturally attracted girls for obvious reasons. He can expand his appeal though as he is currently doing. Gaga branded herself as a gay artist. BTW is responsible for that. The GP will not look back. Before BTW with The Fame + TFM I remember it was cool to love Gaga. Immediately after BTW people turned away. You do the math. 

28 minutes ago, Poope MOnster said:

But britney / sam smith / hozier / Macklemore and year and years

Yeah I don't think any of them really marketed themselves as gay icons. There's a big difference between being a gay artist and being a gay symbol. The former doesn't necessarily let their s-xuality define their music, whereas the latter's art is intrinsically related to gay issues. 

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Bradley
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

It's quite obvious though. If you tell someone you listen to Gaga it is perceived as gay. Have you listened to Justin's new songs? Where are U Now, What Do You Mean, Sorry? They have a distinct sound that attracts more than just hormonal teen girls and gays. Skrillex is responsible for that. I've read the comments on his videos. Haters are turning into fans. I personally didn't like JB's music, only his singles, and so far I love every song he's released. 

Gaga on the other hand has done more classy things this year and AHS. She may have earned more respect for her talent among people but she will always be seen as a "gay" artist. JB never marketed himself as a gay artist. He naturally attracted girls for obvious reasons. He can expand his appeal though as he is currently doing. Gaga branded herself as a gay artist. BTW is responsible for that. The GP will not look back. Before BTW with The Fame + TFM I remember it was cool to love Gaga. Immediately after BTW people turned away. You do the math. 

Not entirely, from Just Dance to Do What U Want, how many hits has Gaga produced? Do you really think the GP hasn't contributed to her success? I think maybe in the US the "gay artist" phenomenon might be more obvious but the rest of the world doesn't really care about anything but the music. I have tons of straight fans (male or female) who like Gaga's Facebook page and even occasionally like the contents she posts, the same thing applies to Justin btw.

I still see memes making fun of Justin, they still refer to as a "she", yes in 2015.

I still think quality music AND motherfcking PROMOTION >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else. Applause and Do What U Want were successful because of quality and promotion (though DWUW could have been better with a music video). G.U.Y. was so fcked up because she barely promoted it.

3 minutes ago, AmericanHSlave said:

I still think quality music AND motherfcking PROMOTION >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else. 

Let's just hope this is true. 

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, AmericanHSlave said:

Not entirely, from Just Dance to Do What U Want, how many hits has Gaga produced? Do you really think the GP hasn't contributed to her success? I think maybe in the US the "gay artist" phenomenon might be more obvious but the rest of the world doesn't really care about anything but the music. I have tons of straight fans (male or female) who like Gaga's Facebook page and even occasionally like the contents she posts, the same thing applies to Justin btw.

I still see memes making fun of Justin, they still refer to as a "she", yes in 2015.

I still think quality music AND motherfcking PROMOTION >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else. Applause and Do What U Want were successful because of quality and promotion (though DWUW could have been better with a music video). G.U.Y. was so fcked up because she barely promoted it.

Ok, but I was not talking about her success. I was talking about how she's perceived. It is a fact she is perceived as a gay symbol. She even admits it herself and she loves it. 

I've actually seen the hate for JB decrease and haven't seen anyone calling him a "she" recently. 

33 minutes ago, River said:

GP doesn't care about anything, they just want to listen to nice songs..

It's the fans that making everything so big and dramatic instead of enjoying the music..

agree. hello confectionery Katy Pery...

Bradley
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Ok, but I was not talking about her success. I was talking about how she's perceived. It is a fact she is perceived as a gay symbol. She even admits it herself and she loves it. 

I've actually seen the hate for JB decrease and haven't seen anyone calling him a "she" recently. 

How she's perceived kinda determines if they're going to buy her music or not, that's why I brought up her success, kinda answers the OP in a way.

http://9gag.com/tv/p/ayWwl6/clap-justin-bieber-what-do-you-mean-live-spain?ref=fbl9

the Facebook comments are harsh af

she is awesome!
Proof that even his fans doesn't know his music.
piece of clap
Someone please stop his performance and teach him how to sing.
Just because he's right...doesn't mean he should stop a performance to teach Clapping 101 to his audience. Tired of this moron.
His turning to be a ****star , lol
No he is never right.
Beiber's conserts are so awesome that the come with free clapping classes
She's so good. She should be a Disney's princess.

I feel bad for him now. :rip:

there are some positives ones tho

i never thought that one day i'll say that about him ... but good job gasp emoticon
I used to hate this guy, but what happened now...

Bieber is a weird case. He's still so hated yet his songs are so successful, it doesn't really add up lol. But I do think him being a male definitely helps.

Morphine Prince
6 minutes ago, AmericanHSlave said:

How she's perceived kinda determines if they're going to buy her music or not, that's why I brought up her success, kinda answers the OP in a way.

http://9gag.com/tv/p/ayWwl6/clap-justin-bieber-what-do-you-mean-live-spain?ref=fbl9

the Facebook comments are harsh af

she is awesome!
Proof that even his fans doesn't know his music.
piece of clap
Someone please stop his performance and teach him how to sing.
Just because he's right...doesn't mean he should stop a performance to teach Clapping 101 to his audience. Tired of this moron.
His turning to be a ****star , lol
No he is never right.
Beiber's conserts are so awesome that the come with free clapping classes
She's so good. She should be a Disney's princess.

I feel bad for him now. :rip:

there are some positives ones tho

i never thought that one day i'll say that about him ... but good job gasp emoticon
I used to hate this guy, but what happened now...

Of course that video will be filled with negative comments. He did something seen as rude. 

Doesn't change anything about him now being more appealing. The iTunes charts and video views don't lie. 

Also, Gaga's ARTPOP sales... significantly less than before. We can't say it was because she's seen as gay or not. Could be because of many factors. She's still a hit maker though. We'll see how LG5 does.

Supersonic
34 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Of course that video will be filled with negative comments. He did something seen as rude. 

Doesn't change anything about him now being more appealing. The iTunes charts and video views don't lie. 

Also, Gaga's ARTPOP sales... significantly less than before. We can't say it was because she's seen as gay or not. Could be because of many factors. She's still a hit maker though. We'll see how LG5 does.

I mean GGD is proof itself that Gaga is still seen as a "gay" artist. If I had a dollar for every "If u wanna know if he's gay, ask him if he has a GGD account." posts on here I'd be a millionaire. Once you are associated with certain things, you are stuck with it forever. Whenever I open up about liking Gaga I get TONS of invasive questions about my s-xual orientation or gender idendity. I know that my view point is not like a general fact, it's one of many realities. But I don't think Gaga will ever be popular with the broad straight mass (especially guys) ever again, unless our society as a whole finally gets over our interalized homophobia, misogyny and fragile masculinity issues. But that's probably as likely as America employing restrictive gun laws.

BornAsUnic0rn
1 hour ago, Resquid said:

I think nobody outside the stan world really cares about artists behaviour. That's something that only fans care about.

Well, what about Britney? Blackout didn't sell ''bad'' because some stans said ''Britney isn't ready and I don't support that''.

Justins **** attitude towards everything just makes me hate him. Makes me hate his music. Even though it has so much potential. I ain't giving that little brat a penny or a second of my time.

StrawberryBlond

i don't get it because he's not making any better music now than he did back when he was starting out and being hated. So, where has the general love for his new music come from? How can his old image of a bratty teenage tearaway who made crappy music just disappear in the blink of an eye?For years, rumours were floating around for ages that he was gay. When rumours like that do the rounds, they never really go away (like Gaga being a man, for instance, some people still talk about that). Being gay still has a big stigma, even in the pop community. Those rumours meant no straight man wanted to listen to his music as listening to gay artists = you must be gay in their minds. It was widely understood that his music was terrible too and only good in a little girl's mindset. Again, it meant no straight man would be caught dead listening to his songs, unless to poke fun at them. All the recent bad stuff he did made the public hate him. Put all that together and you should have the recipe for someone who has no basis for a longtime successful career as a credible artist. But unbelievably, he's doing it. I have no explanation for this, I truly don't.

I thought that no matter how good a song is, if the artist is not reflected well in the public eye, success just won't happen. It's totally the fact that he's a guy that helps him immsely. No woman would have a career after doing half the things he's done and having a reputation for making bad music into the bargain. Males get away with murder in this industry whereas females just have to "step out of line" just once, no matter how trivially, and they'll be done for life. Even if they do come back, it'll be the result of a rigorous, tiring image revamp that took a lot of money and effort. A guy just needs to shove something highly generic on the radio and he's won people's hearts back. Barf.

Archived