đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Troy Carter: fired by Lady Gaga and loving it (2014 article)

Ronlop

Featured Posts

TROY CARTER: FIRED BY LADY GAGA AND LOVING IT

3024171-poster-p-1-troy-carter-step-up.j

"Money doesn't make me tick. This definition of success doesn't make me tick. Managing some of the biggest stars in the world doesn't make me tick. Making my family proud makes me tick." He takes off his chunky tortoiseshell glasses to wipe away the gathering moisture in his eyes, which seems to surprise even him.

Carter couldn't get Gaga's first single "Just Dance" on pop radio, so in 2008 he put his new act on a rigorous schedule—sometimes four shows a night, playing to gay clubs or arty fashion crowds. Gaga and Carter began experimenting with Twitter andFacebook, engaging fans and pumping out homespun content on YouTube. At the time, these channels were seen as enemies to the music business, but Carter saw them as inexpensive ways to reach the masses.

Back in his office, Carter wasn't sure what to feel. "I'm human. I went through every emotion," he says. "You go from fear to sadness." When he was finally ready to share the news, he called his wife, Rebecca, a former stockbroker who's now Atom Factory's CFO. Then he told the rest of his staff, delicately. "It's emotional for the company," says Carter. "[­Gaga's] one of us." Gaga didn't say anything publicly, but she wept while performing at the YouTube Music Awards hours before the news broke.

It didn't take long before people checked in. Oseary, Madonna's manager, emailed Carter a Steve Jobs quote exhorting the virtues of his newfound freedom: "The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life." 

Carter has a plan, of course: He wants to run the Gaga playbook to launch new brands. He knows how huge corporations roll out products, and that isn't his style. 

Source: http://www.fastcompany.com/3024171/step-up-troy-carter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Money doesn't make me tick. This definition of success doesn't make me tick.

Stopped reading there lmfao.gif

I like dancin', and ponies....

JEWRJEWR

He's loving it but he only gets all this media attention cause he talks about her. :D

Fear, she's the mother of violence

AnglerfishbraBENUS

She fired him because he left her emotionally and creatively. Imagine the horror in her eyes when he said Applause was going to be the first single. 

Joking, but not. 

2 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

She fired him because he left her emotionally and creatively. Imagine the horror in her eyes when he said Applause was going to be the first single. 

Joking, but not. 

but it isn't Troy who chose the Singles, it was Interscope's former CEO Jimmy.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

yASSsss

we don't need such articles around LG5's release

Little Hackers,delete it from Internet

giphy.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

He says she fired him, she says he left her...

raw

Well, I think he left her alone when he couldn't get his ideas into the Project or didn't care about it because he had newer acts to promote, and that made Gaga feel left alone, she had no other way then fire him.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Bad Bromance

When Gaga was promoting Cheek To Cheek, she was asked what happened between her and Troy Carter and she responded by saying that she was legally able to speak about that so I have a feeling Gaga sued him for walking out on her.  She had a very sad look in her face when she answered the question so I think that says it all.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

androiduser

basically, he's saying something similar Gaga is saying about her career in the past.

When things don't work out the way they wanted, everyone starts saying that it was not what they wanted in the first place.... They are both doing the same thing.

Archived