💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Queen of K-Pop accused of plagiarizing Gimme More

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

IU, South-Korea's biggest solo artist of the last few years, sampled Britney Spears' Gimme More in a bonus track on her latest album. The song was used earlier this year in the TV series 'Producer', but hasn't officially been released until two weeks ago.

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.nl/2015/11/ius-23-suspected-of-sampling-britney.html

1. [+10,000, -373] Just sounds totally similar...

2. [+329, -26] She needs to admit to this..

5. [+258, -27] Utter failure ㅋ
___

1. [+287, -18] Britney's song was just cut up and pasted in.

2. [+273, -28] Copied and pasted and then IU goes around acting like an artist..;

3. [+221, -12] You really can't make excuses for this..
___

1. [+395, -76] ?? She promoted her album saying she composed and wrote everything on it but now that this controversy arises, she claims she didn't compose it? Then why didn't she say that from the start, that she just participated in the production of the album. An artist? As if she's an artist. She didn't know? The source wasn't clear? Then isn't it logic that you don't use something you don't know where it's from? Did they go ahead and use it thinking no one would find it? Did she not listen to the song and realize something was off about it? Was she so sure that the public wouldn't catch it? Isn't the excuse that you "didn't know" so overdone?

2. [+369, -90] As if she's an artist, tsk tsk

3. [+281, -38] She put out so many articles saying she wrote and composed the entire album... so why's she saying now that there's another composer?

I stan hard for this girl:crossed:

IU what u doing sis, :crossed:

I need another Nagging :crossed:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

RAMROD

I don't think IU is Queen of K-Pop.

That title is better referred to Lee Hyori or BoA.

Matter of fact, I thought this thread was about Hyori that happened ages ago lmao.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Serendipity

I don't think IU is Queen of K-Pop.

That title is better referred to Lee Hyori or BoA.

Matter of fact, I thought this thread was about Hyori that happened ages ago lmao.

She has had more success in terms of charting, so she might become one in a few years :stalkga:

This is like her 2nd massive career wrecking controversy :crossed:

so.... who plagiarized whom?

i mean who produced the kpop girl's song and who produced brits song?

oh wow and its just a bonus track? :emma: 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Serendipity

so.... who plagiarized whom?

i mean who produced the kpop girl's song and who produced brits song?

oh wow and its just a bonus track? :emma: 

An official statement came out from IU's agency:

"We became aware of [this issue] over the weekend. We have confirmed that the composer who arranged the song used a sample from voice samples he purchased in the past. They were unsure of the origins of the voice sample, so we have contacted Britney Spears’ agency to confirm whether or not it is her voice. We plan on discussing the matter and resolving it after we find out the truth. We will notify you after we find out the results."

She's the Koren Britney tbh

From this

To this

She is a damn good vocalist tho

LoveandMagic

It seems like this happens a lot overseas (and maybe the reverse as well). A pop artist I used to stan for had her second album shelved by the label, but one of the tracks "found" their way to a popular German pop singers album. According to the original singer, her former producer (whom apparently she wasn't on good terms with anymore) gave the song to the German singer, who rerecorded the vocals and I think kept most of the original instrumental. The problem was that according to the original singer, the song was near 100% hers, in that she wrote the music and vocals to the song and it was a very personal song (written from the point of view of a lesbian friend of hers). She said in a radio interview that there wasn't anything she could do legally and she was only made aware of the plagerism through a fan. I think some justice was done in that the original singer at least had her name credited as a writer, but still it was a pretty s--tty thing to do. It's possible that this K-pop artist wasn't aware of what happened, but I feel like every few months I read about something similar happening. Wasn't there an artist that was ripping off the Born This Way video and another who was stealing looks from Beyonce?

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived