Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Tables turn in Taylor's favor

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

EVEN IF SWIFT REALLY DID PULL FROM BRAHAM, SHE'S LIKELY PROTECTED BY FAIR USE PRECEDENT

Even if Swift really did pull from Braham's "Haters Gone Hate" in writing "Shake It Off," a court would have to decide the obvious fair use question, and that seems to tilt in Swift favor. It's the kind of case that'd find a precedent in Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc., the landmark 1994 case that decreed 2 Live Crew's parodic usage of Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman" was acceptable under copyright law. "Shake It Off" isn't parodying "Haters Gone Hate," but the two songs are completely different beyond their lyrical similarity: the former is bright, sharp pop music, and the latter sounds like cut-rate R. Kelly rendered using only MIDI instruments. Swift's song is transformative enough to overcome the words it happens to share with "Haters Gone Hate."

In a text message sent this afternoon, Braham chose not to comment on the suit, promising a "statement will be released tomorrow." Unless that statement contains some kind of unexpected, revelatory proof of Swift's plagiarism, Braham's suit will realize its destiny as a relatively successful publicity stunt. And if it's true that Braham only filed the suit in the wake of a denied request for a selfie, it's safe to conclude he's never going to get that picture with pop's reigning queen.

X

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

VOLANTIS

Born this way and Express yourself are both really Lovely Songs. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Serendipity

Born this way and Express yourself are both really Lovely Songs. 

what? :dies:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Riot Poof

Famous musicians get sued all the time by irrelevant acts. It doesn't surprise me that this is tilted towards Taylor's favor.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived