💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Selena replaced Rihanna?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Adelephant

As we know, Selena had the second best selling debut single of the year after Adele. Her album debuted at #1 and she has been doing well.

On the other hand we have Rihanna who released several singles which failed to make impact and her album is stuck in production hell. It's been 3 years since she released an album and now she even cancelled her VS performance. 

Has Selena replaced Rihanna? Was Rihanna's ICON Award a retirement party? 

PartySick

Not sure a number 1 this year is really that big of an achievement tbh. Not many of the big stars released anything :emma:

Even so, Ri dominated the charts for years, didn't she? (ignorant of a lot of those things so feel free to correct me).

🖤

Tove Lo

Gurl, replaced at what? You talking a lot about "replaced" but not saying what she's being replaced as? 

Honestly, you can't really "replace" an artist.

Edit: I'm no fan of Rihanna but you really can't say FourFiveSeconds and Bitch Better Have My Money had no impact.

hop on that **** like a maniac

holy scheisse

Send that girl back to Waverly Place where she belongs

Are people still trying to convince me this girl is a singer?

Mister Gaga

As an artist? Well, of course. Rihanna doesn't write her own material, while Selena is credited in all Revival's songs. 

As a performer? or in terms of cultural impact? Hell, no. 

Tropico

How? What aspect of Rihanna's career is she now executing in Rihanna's aspect? Getting #1 album? Rig only has one and tons of artists have #1 albums. Performing moderately well? Been done 1000 times before. Good sales for a single? That could be said about so many singles.

So why specifically single out Rih? :confused: How has she replaced Rihanna? 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

How? What aspect of Rihanna's career is she now executing in Rihanna's aspect? Getting #1 album? Rig only has one and tons of artists have #1 albums. Performing moderately well? Been done 1000 times before. Good sales for a single? That could be said about so many singles.

So why specifically single out Rih? :confused: How has she replaced Rihanna? 

They are both popular because they are s-xy.

They can't sing, they aren't particularly inspiring. They are just s-xy. This comparison is pretty spot on. Especially now that Rihanna is being "artsy."

GloZell Green

Never :toofunny: Riri will remain the princess of weed and illuminati ha :hor: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Send that girl back to Waverly Place where she belongs

Are people still trying to convince me this girl is a singer?

Selena is a far superior vocalist than Rihanna though. Have you seen her recent performances? She improved a lot. Soon she will be belting it out like Adele.

Runway

Yes

She is relevant, has hits and people are checking for her.

And i still remember people said rihanna could afford taking breaks between albums :air: 

Adelephant

Yes

She is relevant, has hits and people are checking for her.

And i still remember people said rihanna could afford taking breaks between albums :air: 

Interesting! I'm glad GGD agrees! 

Archived