Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

'Bad Romance' sold more copies than any of Madonna's #1 singles. Why?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Because you couldn't buy singles as easily back then. No ITunes or other services. I though this was a fairly obvious answer.... :awkney:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But music sales were much higher in the 80s/90s because there was no illegal downloading? :trollga: 

Album sales were much higher but very few people actually bought singles. 

KURUSHITOVSKA

It's sold more because BR was completely new and innovative, I'd compare BR to Hung Up. iTunes was just launched and physical singles were only released in specific countries like Germany or France so BR has sold thanks to iTunes i'd say.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Not a good idea to compare it with Madonna's singles from previous century. Bad Romance sold more than many #1s from this decade

But music sales were much higher in the 80s/90s because there was no illegal downloading? :trollga: 

Thats why Madonna has bigger album sales. She sold albums, not one or two songs like a lot of pop girls today. :reductive2:

FrankGutz

this goin' to get good lmao

tumblr_mru26qOVGw1qcxtm5o1_250.gif

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz

Thats why Madonna has bigger album sales.

Rebel Heart says hi :reductive2:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Rebel Heart says hi :reductive2:

Sure. Lets measure Madonna failures with Gaga succeses. Lets be serious. Gaga can win without making pathatic comparasions. :bye:

Because you couldn't buy singles as easily back then. No ITunes or other services. I though this was a fairly obvious answer.... :awkney:

People were also more likely to buy albums than singles. :shrug:

Madonna shade aside, I was looking at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_singles to fact-check the thread and didn't realize just how successful some of Gaga's singles have been. O_O It's incredibly impressive. :applause:

There was about 4.5-5 billion people during Madonna's hayday. And 7 billion during The Fame Monster's. 225 million in the US in the 80's, 310 million in the US in 2010.

Madonna's albums sold like, 5-10 million copies in the US and 20 million or more globally. With literally only 75% of the population that Gaga has to work with.

Using these numbers to justify yourself is really stupid. But using them when it's so obvious Madonna's numbers can only be touched by the likes of Adele is beyond stupid.

Didymus

Basically I repeated what everyone already said in a crappy, ununderstandable way but yeah :air::xtina::xtina:

Prismatic

Another pathetic attempt to push Madonna down :smh:

why-you-so-obsessed-thumb.jpg

It's GGD. What do you expect, child. It's filled with half pressed souls, 1/4 sane and 1/4 stans of others (I think I'm being generous with calling the 1/4 sane). 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Archived