💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Adele - '25' (Album Discussion)

GloZell Green

Featured Posts

Swan Heart

'Million Years Ago', 'All I Ask', 'Sweetest Devotion' and 'I Miss You' are my favourite right now..  

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

"Million Years Ago", "All I Ask" and "Love In The Dark" are just something I've been listening non-stop since I got the album.

Riot Poof
15 hours ago, caseymonster said:

i dont mind her putting generic pop, it just bothers me how she and everyone around here and the gp acting like its the second coming of the messiah. its a regular catchy pop album of an artist that can sing better than most average pop stars. 

her shtick is that "shes not fake", and  "the anti pop star". all this is bulls--t! shes as manufactured as taylor and any pop star in the game. look at the amount of writers for this albums. she was working with the most generic producers such as max martin, shellback, ryan tedder (all taylor and britney producers) greg krustin (ellie gouldin, sia, pink) and others. all this posts of "all you need is good vocals and a good song" bullcrap is such insane bulls--t. look at the promo for this album. have you ever seen gaga using such a list producers and writers for her songs? ARTPOP promo was maybe 1/20 from what adele got. 

at least taylor and britney and   oter pop stars can own to the fact they manufactured. adele is straight up fake acting all like some pop royalty. with all her "i used flip phones in my hello music video because i dont care about money and product placement"   and yet she doesnt let 25 to be streamed because she wants to sell more and make that cash..

welll but thats just my opinion. leave a comment of what you think about all this hype and attention shes getting 

It's very interesting how most GGD members act like Adele is so different from other pop stars and how that's what makes her so "great" and the others so "basic," but she's actually not that different from everyone else! The major differences are that she's a great singer, that she's intensely popular with the GP, and that she's extremely successful. On the other hand, she has simple lyrics, she's not musically innovative, she left 25 off of Spotify (most likely to get more sales), and she collaborated with people known for writing hits. Forgive me for not being completely enamored with Adele, but I'm expecting more from someone who's being treated as the second coming of the Messiah.

With that said, I do enjoy 25. I won't ever deny that I still like Adele's music.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

MonsterOfSpain

I like the album, but I didn't enjoy it as much as 21. On my first listen there weren't many standout tracks apart from Hello. Yes, most songs are good but it's not THAT good. Adele was already overrated on the 21 era, she's one of the most talented artists out here, but I think it's getting kinda exagerated now. Kudos to her for making almost everyone from the GP, from the youngest generations to the olders, pay attention to her.

I'm really happy that she's breaking all the records though, it's such an exciting time for charts freaks like me. She's making history 

PlasticHo

Saying Adele is as manufactured as other pop stars or calling her "fake" isn't even close to being logical or true. Have you watched her in interviews since she started? Did you even know who she was when chasing pavements was out? If not, don't act like you know what kind of person or celebrity she is now. You're pressed because of her success. You're what's wrong with stans these days. 

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Riot Poof said:

It's very interesting how most GGD members act like Adele is so different from other pop stars and how that's what makes her so "great" and the others so "basic," but she's actually not that different from everyone else! The major differences are that she's a great singer, that she's intensely popular with the GP, and that she's extremely successful. On the other hand, she has simple lyrics, she's not musically innovative, she left 25 off of Spotify (most likely to get more sales), and she collaborated with people known for writing hits. Forgive me for not being completely enamored with Adele, but I'm expecting more from someone who's being treated as the second coming of the Messiah.

With that said, I do enjoy 25. I won't ever deny that I still like Adele's music.

Bolded part is what makes her different. In the age of EDM, she stands out and much deserved so. She makes "less is more" concept as something to consider again. And that is exactly why people think she is great and love her, she is not the kind of artist that do bombastic or scandalous things and not every one should do that.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DanceInTheFlames

I love how more than a couple of critics have reviewed the album asking why she is still writing about the same ex from 21. Uh, they do realize she's likely had more than two relationships in her life right? Also that she could easily be talking about her current boyfriend, because what relationship comes without problems and rough patches? Really the only "breakup" song is "Love in the Dark." All of the other sad love songs are really just her afraid of her relationship ending and exploring that through her artistry. This album is so unique when considering the rest of the music that exists within Top 40 at the moment. We're not all jumping on the Adele bandwagon, because it's Adele, we're jumping on because it's the most genuine, honest, and raw albums that has come out in a very long time. I can't even fathom the last time an album came out that was as emotionally jarring as this one. Adele is the most relatable pop star out there, because she doesn't pretend to be something she isn't, and the fame doesn't seduce her in the slightest. She is only in it to create something from her own experiences, and I think that is so refreshing compared to much of the music that is out there right now. Although she is one of, if not the most, successful artists out there, she has stayed extraordinary down to earth and has never seemed to do anything that jeopardized her integrity. No one is saying she's "the second coming for the music industry." All we're saying is that it's nice to have music that feels so honest and not contrived for once. 

What sets her apart? HER VOICE.  Stop being mad that your faves are underperforming, and be glad that an artist that rides off the insane

tone of her voice is beyond successful. There is nothing overrated about her. Everyone else in the game

is overated because 90 percent of them aren't vocally on her level. It is what it is. Be happy that talent is winning over auto tune. 

Riot Poof
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Bolded part is what makes her different. In the age of EDM, she stands out and much deserved so. She makes "less is more" concept as something to consider again. And that is exactly why people think she is great and love her, she is not the kind of artist that do bombastic or scandalous things and not every one should do that.

Props to her for being a great singer, but my post was mostly in response to people who bring down other artists to praise Adele for reasons unrelated to vocal talent and for reasons that could apply to Adele as well. Do you agree that, for example, it's fair to bash a certain artist for writing breakup songs while praising Adele, who is also famous for writing breakup songs (at least on 21)? Cuz that's what happened in a particular thread.

2 hours ago, NCgaga said:

What sets her apart? HER VOICE.  Stop being mad that your faves are underperforming, and be glad that an artist that rides off the insane

tone of her voice is beyond successful. There is nothing overrated about her. Everyone else in the game

is overated because 90 percent of them aren't vocally on her level. It is what it is. Be happy that talent is winning over auto tune. 

Nah. Some people think that there are musicians out there who are better than Adele but aren't experiencing even 1/16 of her success. Thus, they consider Adele overrated. This is a reasonable opinion. Adele's music isn't objectively good (because music is inherently subjective), and nobody is obligated to like/love Adele.

Also, being a great singer isn't the only way to be a great musician, as you implied. Musicians who are praised for being a great songwriter, a great producer, and/or a great player of a particular instrument deserve exposure as well.

Adele is definitely better than most of the mainstream pop musicians today, but some people simply don't think she's the best at what she does. There are people who believe that there are musicians who sing just as well as Adele but write better songs. There are people who believe that these musicians deserve more success than Adele. These are fair opinions!

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

MelbHawker

'All I Ask' is breathtaking. 'A Million Years' is just phenomenal. My God her vocals are stunning on these 2 tracks.

Bellatrix

Funny (and not funny at the same time) story. My CD case was damaged when I received it with the mail. I posted a pic a few pages back.

So I got a new empty case a few days later, altho that one was broken too so I contacted the store again to ask them for another one, which I got today.

This time it wasn't damaged, but it was of course the wrong kind. I got a single case and not an album case :rip:

So once again I had to contact the store and a new order for an empty case was placed. I quickly discovered that this one also was wrong, they chose a double case for two CD:s so I told them and they said they only had double album cases and cases for singles, which is weird since the first case I got was right.

So it ended with that I got a whole new album for free instead plus 100 SEK (11,44 USD) discount on my next order :laughga: 

Now let's pray this new one makes it without any damages 

tumblr_mvuu4qMFXM1rtzly6o2_500.gif

Y'all were SCALPING 'When We Were Young' for being a 'messy' track, but I love the song. :ph34r:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Archived