💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Interpretation Of ARTPOP (Just a "little" inside)

Gerald Gallant

Featured Posts

Gerald Gallant

What I have to say below is my opinion and in no way is a definite meaning to ARTPOP. It is purely my own interpretation.

I'll start this by explaining a particular fantasy that I have, My ultimate dream is to be shrunk and at the mercy of a giant or to see a man grow in to a giant and be at his mercy. It's a s-xual fetish called macrophilia.. The thought of being dominated by a giant get's me really excited and I also view it as a unique form of love. I picture any and every guy I find attractive as a giant. True story, one night before bed (I was really high), I thought to myself, what would Gaga think if I met her and told her about my fantasy? I pictured her response to be "It's art". I've always viewed it as art myself. It's a very underground interest. Those who wish to be at the mercy of a giant are called "little" and those we seek are obviously referred to as giants. It's just how my brain is wired. I'm a very submissive person. I'm outgoing, but when I have a crush on someone, I tend to be very passive. It's just who I am and I'm in no way ashamed of it. "I don't need to be on top to know it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth". I believe that being a little gives me a specific type of aura.. there's just something very "small" about my essence.. the energy that radiates from me.. I've had this fantasy since the age of 3. It's just the way that my brain is wired. It's an artistic form of love.. one that transcends extreme size differences.. but in real life, it's impossible so role playing is the only way to realise the fantasy. I believe much of the album, ARTPOP, leaves subtle references to the fantasy that I have and that Gaga.. and perhaps her s-xy hubby, Taylor, may share this sort of beautiful bond. Again, it's just my opinion. That's the beauty in ARTPOP. It could mean anything.. and that is what's so fun about it.. people can find their own meanings and speculate about it. Now, that's what I call art.  It was such an underappreciated album. It's a shame she was having so many problems with management, etc. Four particular songs on the album make me think of my fantasy..

I found myself extremely moved when I first watched the video for Applause. I know the obvious meaning behind the song and video is Gaga feeling empty because she is not on stage performing and she misses the applause of her fans.. but I look at it in a different way.. I personally believe there's something far more vague being referred to in a subtle manner and that is my fantasy of being a "little".. and of people giving me their applause.. their approval.. telling me that it's okay to be the way that I am. I, myself, just want people to know about my fantasy, because it makes me feel special. I live for their applause and I believe Gaga may feel the same way.. except being in the limelight, she not only desires the approval of her friends, but of all her fans. Some things in the video that make me wonder are.. the fact that she wears a seashell bikini.. The "Little" Mermaid.. At one point she has a pony tail.. My "Little" Pony..She shrinks and immeadiately after says "Art's in pop culture in me". I believe she wants to put this underground niche in to pop culture.. Sure, giants are in pop culture.. but when have you ever seen them fall in love with a tiny person? Another thing in this video that makes me wonder is the clip where her and a few other tiny women are riding a GIANT dildo.. Well, let's just say I fantasize about GIANT schlong.. :P

As I mentioned earlier, I believe that I have a "little" aura. The obvious symbolism in the song, Aura, is of a particular garment, the burqa, which represent Gaga being veiling her creativity and also as she puts it, her insanity. Well.... I personally believe there's something else to the song. I believe that she is singing about how she conceals her "little" aura. At the deepest reaches of her soul could be the same fantasy that I have.. maybe.. it could mean anything. Something in the song that makes me wonder about her is the line "but inside the bedroom the size of him's more than enough." Well.. could Taylor be a giant in the bedroom? Could he have an enormous soul and aura? I believe Gaga is hiding something truly beautiful and she is vaguely hinting at it in her music.. On this album in particular.. I once heard her say, "My music holds all of my secrets".Could the fantasy I have be one of them? Hahaha and a funny thing about the song Aura for me is that, when I sing it, I say "Do you want to see the Gerald (That's my name.. it's actually pronounced Juhrold) who lives behind the aura?" It makes the song so much more fun for me! :P 

The obvious meaning for the song, Guy, is a specific form of feminism. Gaga believes she doesn't need to be on top to be in control. She states that she's strong enough to know the truth. That's exactly how I feel about my fetish and also being the submissive partner in a gay relationship. A few things that make me wonder in this video are, Gaga starring at that man in the clouds.. it's almost like she's starring up at a giant... and she's wearing a lego costume at one point. Lego's are tiny :P Now, this video also makes me think of something really deep. It actually made me think about my own personal religious beliefs. The video starts off with Gaga, a fallen bird struggling to survive. She struggles for a long time.. only to die when she reaches her destination. This made me think.. What if I am the reincarnated spirit of an animal that was stepped on that survived long enough after to remember what it felt like.. and what if that pleasure carried over in to my next life? I think it's really cool that the video made me think of this. It gave me some clarity.. a possible reason for why I am the way that I am..

In the song, Venus, there's one particular line in this that makes me think of my fantasy. "When you touch me I die just a little inside". Okay, that sounds pretty straight forward, but there's another way to look at it.. I had to listen to the song several times to realize it. When I listen to this line, I hear "When you touch me I die. (notice the period) Just a "little" inside (person who fantasizes about being shrunk)". The way I hear this is two sentences, while the obvious way to hear it is one sentence. Once you hear that line the way I do, there's no going back. It's the single most beautiful thing I've ever heard..

Now, on to the song, ARTPOP, my favourite on the album! Especially her Itunes performance.. She was glowing! She states that this song and perhaps much of her album could mean anything. Why could it mean anything? Is there something she wanted to say, but decided not too because of insecurities? I wouldn't blame her, honestly.. There's a lot of judgemental people out there!.. but I generally don't worry about them and Gaga can certainly work it! In the song, she mentions "I tried to sell myself, but I am really laughing because I just like the music not the bling".To me, this line means that she wanted to shove the macrophilia fantasy down our throats, but at the end of the day she wanted to keep it more subtle (which makes it more artistic) and at the end of the day she just likes the music.. It's just my opinion, but I believe her dream is for macrophilia to be in pop culture.. ARTPOP... Whether she feels that way or not, it's my dream.. I want to see Disney make their own Thumbelina movie, but  instead of her falling in love with a fairy prince (LAME) she would fall in love with a giant. Now, that would be beautiful and shocking!

Lady Gaga's the fairy queen of Hollywood! ^_^ Or, at least I like to think she is..

During her ARTPOP days, I also noticed that her display picture on Twitter at one point was Barbie.. Barbie is tiny.. makes me wonder.. Her ad for her perfume fragrance, Fame, also seems to toy with this fantasy near the end of the video. I'll paste the link below.. but in this add, she is a giantess and tiny men are crawling all over her body. Again, it makes me wonder..

So, anyway, all of this is just my opinion. I in no way have a definite answer and fully support Gaga. I think ARTPOP was GENIUS! As I've mentioned many times, it could mean anything ;)

Ahoy hoy?

Bradley

I haven't read the whole thing cause it's so long :emma: but I hope I won't see tons of negative comments later when I come back.

Kermit

It's past 1:00 and i'm drunk AF

do you have a summary of what you posted in the OP that has the same length as a harry potter novel.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

adamsenigma

This is way too long to read it full :laughga: but anyway, I think you're right. This album could really mean anything! And thanks for sharing your fantasy with us.

Voltaire

Very interesting. A fascination with a difference in size, but not a difference in heart or depth. The scattershot imagery from ARTPOP lends itself to so many narratives. It's cool that you're able to pull one out that is so specific to you and your interests.

tumblr_mc7aki1k2R1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Gerald Gallant

I know! It's so cool that I can relate with the music in such a way.. It's like crack! Posting my opinions here enhances the my enjoyment of the music for me.. Knowing that other people know my interpretation..

Ahoy hoy?

TimisaMonster

Wow...even if it's a reach...you made it sound logical and gave reasons... :applause:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived