💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Similarities between "Poker Face" and "Marry the Night" videos

Ryan Reid

Featured Posts

Ryan Reid

I'm sure this has been discussed a zillion times, but one of my favorite things about Gaga's "autobiographical" video for "Marry the Night" (the closing chapter of 'BTW')... she recreates one of the most iconic poses from her origins --- "Poker Face." 

You KNOW this shot of the notroiously self-paid-for "POP MUSIC" glasses is one of her most prized moments of her career (as it should be!)... Only natural she would reference this scene in her video autobiography. 

etv2nr.jpg

Wow I never really noticed the fact that the poses are similar. I really like the connection between MTN and the Alejandro video too.

Ryan Reid

Not only is her pose similar, but the NYC-inspired "Marry the Night" body-tight dress shares the same overall silhouette as the LA-based "Poker Face" look (especially the shoulder) and the flames mimic the strategically lit steam rising off the Malibu pool. 

AlexanderLevi2

I think there's just a bit of reaching in this post. I mean it would be cool but I doubt it.

Currently listening to Joanne

Space Cowboy

Ive adored every topic you've posted, keep them coming, im always disappointed i didn't think of it or comprehend it first. Also looking forward to your ahs ep.2 recap, symbolism etc review 

Archived