💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's Music isn't reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is

Katsuki Bakugo

Featured Posts

Katsuki Bakugo

I was reading my local paper online, as you do when you are bored at work and waiting for the redbull to finally kick in and give you wings. I was reading the article in the link about Pop Music's biggest feuds ( the journalism is salty and desperate btw) and this one came up at the bottom: 

While talking about Gaga, MIA said her music is not “reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is”. “She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna, but the music sounds like 20-year-old Ibiza music, you know?”

SOURCE

This is not time for a MIA trash session but more of a do you agree with this statement? 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

It isn't now but back in 2008 it was

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

mariomania1234

This might be true if somebody had just listened to her debut. But, I mean what else sounds like BTW? The soundscape of that album is totally unique and matches with her imagery flawlessly. Same with TFM and ARTPOP, and hell The Fame era imagery matches perfectly with the album also.

Totally disagree.

AlexanderLevi2

No.

I think we are used to it now. Gaga is a pop star not an experimental artist. She is experimental in the reigns of pop.

I think people forget how crazy different Poker face sounded when it first came out. Or Bad Romance or BTW.

Ps. MIA is :awkney: she probably got coins from Madge to make this comment

Currently listening to Joanne

I agree that I think that she is much weirder than her music makes her appear and that probably Gaga would agree, but she is still expected to be a mainstream artist, so I do not know how far she could go with that and remain the kind of artist that the people who have signed her want her to be and in a range where they would still support her act and she could still create without major problems.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Jesse Pinkman

Because she's a popstar, its only so far she can go and still be marketable. And M.I.A. sounds so stupid. Like imagine Katy Perry or Taylor Swift singing Government Hooker, Venus, or even Bad Romance just to name a few. People need to get familar with her discography and artistry before they make dumbass assumptions.

It's science, bitch

I kinda both agree and disagree. Gaga wants to do Pop, her whole thing in the beginning of her career was "Pop music will never be low brow" and she continued that on to ARTPOP. To me she is an artist who likes Pop and uses it as a vehicle to express all of her ideas. It's her canvas, if you will allow such terminology. To attack her based on her making pop music is to miss the point of what she wants to create. She doesn't want to be a singer with crazy costumes and bizarre experimental music.

There is an interview with, one of my favourite directors, Tarantino where Francis Ford Coppola asks him if he would think of making a personal film without the protective layer of genre. Tarantino understands what he means, but says he likes telling his stories and sticking them in crazy genre worlds.

Gaga to me seems similar. She tells her stories and releases personal songs with the protective layer of the pop genre. That is how she creates her art and that's how she likes to do it. I would love to see Gaga experiment more with her music, but I get that Pop is the genre she identifies with and she likes creating within that musical genre. She is good within that genre too, pushing boundaries and creating interesting music within the genre.

When Tarantino writes and directs a movie about the love between two brothers without placing it in some crazy genre world, Gaga can write interesting and complex music without placing it in the sphere of pop music.

Katsuki Bakugo

No.

I think we are used to it now. Gaga is a pop star not an experimental artist. She is experimental in the reigns of pop.

I think people forget how crazy different Poker face sounded when it first came out. Or Bad Romance or BTW.

We all know MIA looks up to her - like alot of artists- once they got to speak with Gaga. I think Gags is contractually obliged to not go as "experimental" as she wants to go At least whilst she was with Troy. It was clear that took its toll on her. 

Poker Face still had a melody though, which I love. I find that with gaga's songs that they are structurally perfect for the pop singles and the more experimental stuff on the album actually doesn't follow structure per se 100% but will remain in the structure of a pop song ( ie Telephone for me is very experimental in the sense of it didn't follow to a degree verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus chorus).

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

holy scheisse

WEll.... when she wrote her old material, she was a 20 year old :crossed:

BTW was unique. but i will say that much of her music doesnt really reflect her talent

Katsuki Bakugo

Uhm, disagree. I can't see any cookie-cutter artist putting out the music Gaga does. 

thats the thing isn't it. Sure MIA used industrial noises and drilling sounds but was that experimental or was that try hard?

gagaisitalian

thats the thing isn't it. Sure MIA used industrial noises and drilling sounds but was that experimental or was that try hard?

Exactly. Any artist can be weirder than the artist before them if they try hard enough. But no Top 40 act is going to put out a song like Bloody Mary, Venus, Government Hooker, etc.

No.

please stop. Don't go there with Madge

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

It depends on how weird she wants to be.  She had a weird persona in her early eras so she could make a connection with kids who are made to feel like freaks in HS.  She said that in an interview.  I believe that connection made kids more receptive to her positive inspirational message which she intended to make kids strong, brave, and self assured.

Of course, she is really a very traditional down-to-earth person, and who knows if weirdGa will ever reemerge. I have no idea how weird she will want her music to sound in the future.  Food for thought:  If she decides to do metal, will she put on an image like Alice Cooper or something?

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived