đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Imagine Dragons

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Head Empty

I added a new video to the OP, which contains the band members (and crew) talking about their roots and quick rise to fame!

Also check out Dan Reynolds' twitter account to watch a cute 5 part video series of him and his wife trying to convince their daughter to eat a salad :hehe:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty

They just released a new song called 'I Was Me' in support of the millions of refugees around the world. The proceeds of the song will go towards helping those in need find a home.

You can hear a preview of the song, along with an explanation here:

• 1 month later...
Head Empty

Dan Reynolds recently did an interview with Daily Record and talked about the Smoke + Mirrors "era" a little bit, mentioned the future of their career, but also mainly talked about how depression influenced his life and his music.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/imagine-dragons-frontman-dan-reynolds-6831833

One of the themes Dan draws heavily on across the album is his own struggle with depression. It’s an illness he has suffered from since he was a teenager and it is still a major factor in his life.

He said: “I felt a pressure to be honest and speak about those things, especially as this band has got bigger, as I’ve met so many people who have gone through very similar things. It’s important for people to feel there are others out there who have gone through or are still going through similar experiences to them and that they’re not alone.

“I’ve struggled with depression for years and years. It’s probably the biggest plague of my life but also at times it can be my biggest inspiration. Depression is often what drives artists to express themselves, it certainly is for me at times. I didn’t really have to make an effort for it to find its way into the music, it’s just part of my life.”

Without judging anyone else, Dan understands exactly why people are reluctant to admit their own struggles.

He said: “It can be an embarrassing topic for people. Nobody wants to sound weak, as it’s as if you’re asking people to feel bad for you because you’re depressed. I actually think that it’s anything but a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of strength to be honest." 

It's a really interesting read so I definitely recommend checking the article out.

• 3 weeks later...
Head Empty

A high quality recording of 'Radioactive' at the Smoke + Mirrors tour:

So excited to be seeing this in february :giveup:. The lighting on this show puts most other concerts to shame :giveup:.

Head Empty

Dan Reynolds is featured on a new track by Steve Angello, a DJ that used to be part of Swedish House Mafia. Steve's album "Wild Youth", which includes this collaboration, will be released on January 22nd. Edit: full HQ track posted further down the thread.

Head Empty

Imagine Dragons is part of a "Play It Forward" project where covers of songs by Eagles of Death Metal are released for a charity that aids survivors and families of those involved in the Paris attacks. Imagine Dragons covered the song "I Love You All The Time", which is available for download right now.

I haven't been able to listen to or buy the song yet because it is not available in my country :giveup:.

33 minutes ago, Growlithe said:

Imagine Dragons is part of a "Play It Forward" project where covers of songs by Eagles of Death Metal are released for a charity that aids survivors and families of those involved in the Paris attacks. Imagine Dragons covered the song "I Love You All The Time", which is available for download right now.

I haven't been able to listen to or buy the song yet because it is not available in my country :giveup:.

I can't find it anywhere D:

Head Empty
6 minutes ago, RF said:

I can't find it anywhere D:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id1068518722

I also have a link like that for France, but not The Netherlands :giveup:. It's not a big mainstream release though, so it makes sense that it's not available everywhere (yet). The rendition Florence + The Machine did for the same project is already on Youtube though :giveup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-YYb083NPc

Just now, Growlithe said:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id1068518722

I also have a link like that for France, but not The Netherlands :giveup:. It's not a big mainstream release though, so it makes sense that it's not available everywhere (yet). The rendition Florence + The Machine did for the same project is already on Youtube though :giveup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-YYb083NPc

I guess I'll wait a bit more.

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
Head Empty

Here's the Steve Angello track that features Dan Reynolds. It's a bop if you ask me :giveup:

• 2 weeks later...
Head Empty

I saw them yesterday for their last show of the Smoke + Mirrors tour, and it was nothimg short of amazing :giveup:

The fun already started when Platzman and Ben came on stage during the Sunset Sons opening act, and Dan + Wayne were throwing toilet paper :smh:. Nobody in the audience reacted though, so I don't think many people even knew what was going on:

The show itself really exceeded my expectations (cliché, I know). I had seen some video's before attending the show and I was a little worried that some live arrangements didn't work so well, but you really have to experience it live to truely hear how amazing it sounds - moreso than what I've experienced in other artists.

I'm not gonna flood the page with video's (even though I want to), but I will post the end of the show. Me and my friend knew what the closing song would be (The Fall), which was fine with us albeit not our favorite choice. And on another note we were really hoping they'd play Dream during the show (since it's one of my favorites and it's really personal for me, as for a lot of other people), but it was a bit of a questionmark because they only rarely play it somewhere halfway through the show. So as The Fall was going on we had already made peace with the fact that we wouldn't get to hear Dream. But lo and behold:

I can honestly say that this was the most emotional I've ever been at a concert. The timing, the arrangement and the visuals surrounding it were absolutely perfect. I couldn't imagine a more magical ending to the show if I tried :giveup:

It's really impossible for me to express how much I loved it, and how much I love the band, and I already can't wait to see them again for the next tour :giveup:.

Archived