đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Candy Warhol in ARTPOP

Alien Tulip

Featured Posts

Alien Tulip

I remember rumors that candy warhol was supposed to appear sometime in the ARTPOP era until her plans got canceled. I remember when she tweeted this

Some say these were lyrics to a song dedicated to Candy Warhol called "Candy Art" and these lyrics made me remember the time when she said ARTPOP was candy to the ears and something like "the music taste like candy". I'm sure this song that didn't make the album was colorful and bright along with the other songs that didn't make it. 

gagzus

im still sure most of the songs we never got were better tbh. I believe she wanted to bring back all her alter egos for AP since AP's era was supposed to be a combination (and celebration) of all her previous efforts. Some of those ideas started to shine through towards the end of the album cycle only though sadly.

Didymus

It could also just be a general statement. Candy is a cheap, unhealthy but massively produced and consumed product. It's worth nothing but everybody wants it.

I think it's in tune with Gaga's other era statements, I remember her being very excited that she could print a Koons artwork on millions of copies of a cd. It in fact reminds me of FameGa who also expressed interest in making art the new pop again, turn it into a mass product instead of something that's only for the elite.

So in that sense, art (something that's typically seen as expensive, intellectual and unique in the sense that an object is worth more if it's the only one available) could become a new standard for mass consumption. Everyone can and should enjoy it and it's not unhealthy or without substance. I'd like to live in that world too.

Bad Bromance

It could also just be a general statement. Candy is a cheap, unhealthy but massively produced and consumed product. It's worth nothing but everybody wants it.

I think it's in tune with Gaga's other era statements, I remember her being very excited that she could print a Koons artwork on millions of copies of a cd. It in fact reminds me of FameGa who also expressed interest in making art the new pop again, turn it into a mass product instead of something that's only for the elite.

So in that sense, art (something that's typically seen as expensive, intellectual and unique in the sense that an object is worth more if it's the only one available) could become a new standard for mass consumption. Everyone can and should enjoy it and it's not unhealthy or without substance. I'd like to live in that world too.

That's a very interesting way of looking at it.   :applause:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

im still sure most of the songs we never got were better tbh. I believe she wanted to bring back all her alter egos for AP since AP's era was supposed to be a combination (and celebration) of all her previous efforts. Some of those ideas started to shine through towards the end of the album cycle only though sadly.

I've been thinking about that, especially with a lot of buzz surrounding Jo before the album dropped, or something.

If that truly was the case, then only a section of it came to fruition in the beginning (throwbacks to The Fame) and, as you said, in the end (artRave/Cheek to Cheek era, when she visually referenced literally every album's aesthetics).

3 points in and ready for more

crisTEAne

she's talking about the warholian ideal: the exchange between the spheres of POP (candy) and ART. the a--logy is quite simple. if one paid attention to her interviews during the ARTPOP era, it should be clear as day. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

This is such a good way of looking at it. Things like this make me think that FameGa was so much more ARTPOP than ARTPOP was. If everything had run smoothly I wonder how it would have all turned out

I agree. That, to me at least, definitely seemed like one of ARTPOP's main themes and intentions (putting art at the forefront, commentary on the commodification of art both negatively and positively), but it got drowned out by outside factors at many points.

3 points in and ready for more

Alien Tulip

I think so too. I'm pretty sure Bad To The Bone was also a song title because she tweeted it two times in 2012 and then she mentioned it backstage at a puerto rican show for the btw ball plus her father had "Bad To The Bone" as his bio on twitter in 2012 or 2013. I'm curious on what the other songs sounded like because I have a feeling they are better as well. I know for a fact that most of the songs that made it to the winning race of ARTPOP were her least favorite but I do think she's still proud of the album but I'm also sure there were songs she wish she would have included. At least Gypsy made it and you can tell she loves that song to pieces. 

Warholian

@WarholGaga Where are you bb?

ded

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

kiwifromvenus

I think so too. I'm pretty sure Bad To The Bone was also a song title because she tweeted it two times in 2012 and then she mentioned it backstage at a puerto rican show for the btw ball plus her father had "Bad To The Bone" as his bio on twitter in 2012 or 2013. I'm curious on what the other songs sounded like because I have a feeling they are better as well. I know for a fact that most of the songs that made it to the winning race of ARTPOP were her least favorite but I do think she's still proud of the album but I'm also sure there were songs she wish she would have included. At least Gypsy made it and you can tell she loves that song to pieces. 

This you can tell she never got the ideas she wanted. To be hoonest when fans get angry with her for not delivering everything she said, if it were her way it would have been. The era and album would have made more sense to everyone. I mean I get it and I LOVE LOVE it, but what she wanted to paint would have happened. So many beautiful ideas. 

You can tell she loves Venus and ARTPOP too. Like you say she loves ARTPOP in the end because everything it stands for is still there and she made it that way! Especially with the last few live performances of everything, the tour and her interviews. I LOVE ARTPOP and always will. That includes the what could have, what was and what will be. Like she said, its a movement. That movement will never die and will continue on into the future. 

We may get to see all this one day anyway. Just makes me angry half of this was sabotaged by Mr OnlyreleventbecausehewasGaga'smanager and now tbh hes nothing. He can have all the money. We'll have all the glamour and cruelty, the d--gs and the love, the Gypsy life that is being a Little Monster!

Seriously Gypsy sums us all up. Its an up and down experience and its best that way! :)  

Archived