đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When did ACT II "die" ?

Benji

Featured Posts

Tommy Monster

Well, if she doesn´t want it to be consumed by the charts, why can´t she just leak it?? It´s so simple, Gaga, c´mon!!! :giveup: 

James March

I recall hearing about it at SXSW last and that was it.  I figured she just scrapped it and wanted to move out of the era as fast as possible (even tho the ARTPOP era was so messy but so awesome)

When ARTPOP died, and thats right when Applause was released and her manager left her. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

AgusPop

Gaga burned it all .

tumblr_mhej9pPEyS1rmspe4o1_400.gif

j/k

She said she has hundreds of new songs but she can't show us because of the "stupid rules of pop"

Supersonic

I have no doubt that ACT II is finished and exists tho. All of her archives will probably get released when she dies so Interscope can milk the last penny out of her (and us)

XGirlfriend

I remember during 2012 she talked about(on LM.com chats) how she wanted ARTPOP Vol 1 and ARTPOP Vol 2 to be released a year apart. And each song would have its own music video that would go from song to song, sort of like a movie. And Vol 1 would be very commercial and Vol 2 would be experimental. They were supposed to be very different from each other, but would go very well with eachother. Like the colors red and blue. 

:deadbanana:

RichAssPiss

It was likely scrapped because sales for ARTPOP did not demand a sequel. I think it was good to scrap it. It would have opened with significantly fewer copies sold than its predecessor (it's really a B-sides collection, not a "new" album) and only exacerbated the negative press around Gaga at the time.

However, I wish she had posted it online for free like Miley did with her side project. This way fans can hear it but it's not being measured against the sales of earlier, more commercial work. 

Dominic

I remember being in the LM chat when she said she wanted to do Act 2 and also an uptempo PD.  I don't think the label wanted to spend further money on ARTPOP after the negative attention it got and how badly handled it was. I also think Gaga decided to leave it all in the past when C2C came to fruition. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived