đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When did ACT II "die" ?

Benji

Featured Posts

When did ACT 2 actually get scrapped? When was the last time Gaga mentioned it?

I'm still wondering what was planned for it? I mean was the released ARTPOP the best of the tracks or did she purposely have another batch ready for ACT 2 that she liked? I've forgotten all the deets about it.

I'm intrigued.

Post receipts and tweets if you remember anything

imkn8hSN9x86h.gif

Stephen

At SXSW she mentioned it, but you could tell she was leaning towards not putting it out.

I still have hope she'll release it one day.. maybe for ARTPOP's 10 yr anniversary :sis:

mariomania1234

I think she and her team decided "Cheek To Cheek" would be a better move. I think they made the right choice judging on how things turned out.

Supersonic

At SXSW she mentioned it, but you could tell she was leaning towards not putting it out.

Her saying there was a "strong possibility" for a second act was the equivalent of me telling my mom I'm gonna clean my room later

I think she said that ACT II were the more "experimental" type tracks that wouldn't fit/she couldn't put on the album. And I also think they were supposed to come out through the app, like it was one of its main purposes

who will love me when the night is over

Diamond Heart

This is the bitter stan in me talking but as soon as JT announced The 20/20 Experience part 2 i just knew that it was never gonna happen. Gaga has been accused of copying too many times by the media for them to fall into that trap.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

I think she said that ACT II were the more "experimental" type tracks that wouldn't fit/she couldn't on the album. And I also think they were supposed to come out through the app, like it was one of its main purposes

I assumed ACT 2 was scrapped in favour for the stronger tracks to be tagged onto the album through the app too but yeah, that was my assumption :hunty:

In April 2014 she said she wanted it to come out within the 'next year': http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/lady-gaga-would-like-ARTPOP-act-2-to-be-out-within-the-next-year/126303/

I think that might've been the last time it got properly mentioned, but I knew as soon as she first put the possibility out there that it would disappear with the DWUW video, the app, Bad Kids extra verse, Born This Way second video etc etc

imkn8hSN9x86h.gif

Swan Heart

From what I understood from the SXSW interview, she will keep ACT II for her and her friends only to enjoy. She doesn't want to see something that she created with so much love and passion being eaten by the charts and destroyed by all the hateful people. Like the poor ARTPOP.. That's it.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

I assumed ACT 2 was scrapped in favour for the stronger tracks to be tagged onto the album through the app too but yeah, that was my assumption :hunty:

I have no idea if it was scrapped in favor for the stronger tracks, but I do remember her saying that she wanted to put ARTPOP out as a two disc set or something before the album came out. Then she said the songs would come out through the app. Then she said no ACT II. Then it all went to **** :emma:

CannaeDrive

It is (was) always a stillborn thing, let's move on.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

In April 2014 she said she wanted it to come out within the 'next year': http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/lady-gaga-would-like-ARTPOP-act-2-to-be-out-within-the-next-year/126303/

I think that might've been the last time it got properly mentioned, but I knew as soon as she first put the possibility out there that it would disappear with the DWUW video, the app, Bad Kids extra verse, Born This Way second video etc etc

imkn8hSN9x86h.gif

Don't forget the good sis Americano ha Mariachi version

Archived