Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The reason why gaga needs more songs like edge of glory

Yanko

Featured Posts

now the edge of glory is not her biggest hit lik its not even close but it  is the most loved track by the gp 

etc tec

we need more songs like this tbh where she shows her vocals  :giveup: what do you think, is edge of glory one of her best songs? should she make more music like that? 

Dominic

Definitely one of her best. It's so anthemic. I only wish the video did the song justice but even so it is definitely an amazing addition to the album and a standout. 

I would like more in the same vein, I aren't here for another Dope type ballad. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Yes, but not for the reasons you listed. I think she should make more songs that have an absolute personal connection to her like TEOG with her grandfather's death. When she turns her pain/emotions into empowering music, they tend to be more open, accessible and fan favorite tracks i.e Marry The Night and Gypsy.

I love TEOG because you can tell she put every ounce of her heart into it. She shared the story about writing it at a piano with her father while drinking and it just feels like one of those songs you vomit out, like the words pour out of your heart as if it were a colander...And I think to have such a personal song be so successful must be one of the most beautiful things. To reach into the deepest parts of your essence and throw it out there, and for people to love it would feel like the highest form of endearment for me.

SychosSoChic

WHAT KIND OF SPECTACLE IS THE FIRST VIDEO :lmao:  

THE STRIPPER/FIREMAN POLE :lmao: 

THE GUITARS SHOOTING FIREWORKS :lmao: 

2:24 RENACTMENT OF GAGA'S HIP BREAKING FALL :lmao: 

[spoiler]OT: I agree tbh, everyone I know LOVES that song, would love more "anthemy" songs[/spoiler]

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Ophelia

I tried, but I never liked TEOG. I think its her worst one ever. I mean, she has some basic stuff on The Fame, but she wasn't fully herself back then. The sax is the worst part :smh:  

...has anybody seen my disco stick?

Cody Draco

It's definitely one of her best and most timeless sounding songs.

I would stan much harder if she had more songs like it.

djBuffoon

I am not "The Edge of Glory"'s biggest fan, but I can see where you're coming from. Though I do think each album has been rife with songs that come from her experience, especially TFM, BTW, and AP. They don't necessarily need to be nakedly emotional for that to be the case.

SISTERV

I tried, but I never liked TEOG. I think its her worst one ever. I mean, she has some basic stuff on The Fame, but she wasn't fully herself back then. The sax is the worst part :smh:  

Her worst? That's a bit much. I understand not liking it personally, but how can you think The Edge of Glory is her absolute worst song???? :excuseu:

Same. It's overrated imo.

Tho I don't mind sax.

FreePalestine

Archived