Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can we talk about how she chose MJH over BN?

Saint Laurent

Which do you prefer?/Which should have been on ARTPOP?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?/Which should have been on ARTPOP?

• Mary Jane Holland
    • Brooklyn Nights

Featured Posts

She made the right choice. MJH definitely fits the album better and she hyped it up while recording, and she knew we all would be anticipating it. Plus, the production is AMAZING. Madeon >>>

you mean like tea

imma cut a bitch

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

MJH fits the ARTPOP theme (does it even have a theme??) more. However I prefer BN and it wasn't even properly produced.  Lyrically MJH can make me cringe "I know that mum and dad think I'm a mess..." 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

djBuffoon

I couldn't disagree more. "Mary Jane Holland" is easily one of the best tracks on ARTPOP, it's a much better song than "Brooklyn Nights" imo, and (most importantly) it fits better on the album as well.

kiwifromvenus

MJH fits so so well where it is placed on the album.

Like Gaga said the songs all culminate with the APPLAUSE at the end and MJH fits next to Dope and Gypsy so f***ing well! 

BN is sweet though.

kiwifromvenus

Mary Jane Holland has been one of my faves of late.

Everything about it makes me feel so good about myself when I'm in the dumps. And Dope brings me right back to earth straight after feeling MJH high!

The puff in and puff out bits of it too are like jchnsdjkkdjnlkdcsjvlkfdel to me!

This song is heavily underrated and under-appreciated. So much colour and 

"I know that Mom and Dad think I'm a mess
But it's alright, because
I am rich as piss"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sang this out loud with everyone the other night drinking and it felt like life!

HausofGabo

well I totally love both, so I'm happy with MJH being in the album, it feels awesome next to Dope, and I'm glad we were able to listen to Brooklyn Nights. If u ask me, I would have put BN instead of Fashion! before Gypsy in the tracklist order. 

elijahfan

Let's be real, BN is cute but that's not an amazing song.... I'm not even sure the version that got leaked was the version that was considered for the album, because quality-wise, there's no way she hesitated between this and MJH.

MJH is one of Gaga's most solid tracks to date. A lyrical genius, complex production that fits the theme, the rock-opera-esque breakdown; to be traded for "I always thought it was you-you always thought it was me"? Gurl. :excuseu: 

/BN has its strengths too. It has one of the best melodies. But MJH is just godly. 

//Check out the video for my new song I produced and animated on my own :green:

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Maybe if Dope was still I wanna be with you it would fit better. But MJH is still a great song and totally GAGA. Plus the story about her brunette fun times in holland are awesome 

Brooklyn Nights is the superior song.

MJH was ruined by the messy bridge.

Anyway, ARTPOP should have been a shorter album:

01. AURA

02. ARTPOP

03. VENUS

04. G.U.Y.

05. SEXXX DREAMS

06. DO WHAT U WANT 

07. SWINE

08. DOPE

09. GYPSY

10. APPLAUSE

^^ flawless record 

you say that now but it's been almost two years, if she released 10 songs, you'd prolly be like WHY WAS ARTPOP ONLY 10 SONGS?!?!  :giveup: So why don't you appreciate the songs we did get, even if you didn't like them.

VOLANTIS

MJH is not my favorite track on the album but its the one strand of the initial ARTPOP idea (Stoned Disney Princesses) that actually reflected through the final product. 

BN sounds under produced and MJH feels way over-powered by the Massive production.

But Gaga left much more deserving songs out of ARTPOP than BN.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived