💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can we talk about how she chose MJH over BN?

Saint Laurent

Which do you prefer?/Which should have been on ARTPOP?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?/Which should have been on ARTPOP?

• Mary Jane Holland
    • Brooklyn Nights

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent

Correct me if I'm wrong but up until the last minute Mary Jane Holland and Brooklyn nights were battling for a place on ARTPOP. 

Don't get me wrong I love MJH but Gaga girl, how you trying to pick it over the masterpiece BN...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys tend to overrate any song that's unreleased like it's some piece of heaven :smh:

It's a good song, but it obviously didn't fit on ARTPOP at all, maybe on BTW? I'm not sure, but MJH totally deserved its position there on the album. During the process of making ARTPOP she referenced it A LOT and she even smoke weed to ease the pain she had in her hip :)

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

GloZell Green

BN was about a past relationship, maybe about Lüc. We should respect her decisions tbh, I mean, she knows what she's doing. MJH isn't that bad, and it fit ARTPOP better :yes:

BN was being saved for ACT II anyways :stalkga:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Computer

BN is a much better song for me

But I can see that it didn't make sense on ARTPOP

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Jesse Pinkman

She made the right choice. MJH definitely fits the album better and she hyped it up while recording, and she knew we all would be anticipating it. Plus, the production is AMAZING. Madeon >>>

It's science, bitch

Brooke Candy

Brooklyn Nights was saved for ACT 2, so sit down. The song just didn't sound finished to her. 

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Swan Heart

I prefer Mary Jane Holland, really.. The production is amazing, I love the lyrics and the whole ''f*cked up, broken happiness'' vibe is really something else, I just adore it.. AND it fits a lot better in ARTPOP. 

Brooklyn Nights is great too, but it will be so out of place if she included it.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Morphine Prince

BN is good but it doesn't sound polished and clearly is not album material. I haven't even listened to it in ages and quite frankly I'm tired of people overrating Gaga's unreleased material :smh: 

The songs are NEVER going to happen. Just enjoy them but get over it tbh. 

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

Brooklyn Nights felt more like a bridge between Born This Way and ARTPOP, and should really have been on the former, if anything - as much as I love it. Mary Jane Holland not only helps to tell ARTPOP's story far better, but it's also the better song.

Brooklyn Nights could have been a huge hit though, in my opinion. So it's swings and roundabouts.

Archived