💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If Applause slayed Roar

Tokyo Rose

Featured Posts

Supersonic

But if Applause had stayed in the top 10 she wouldn't have needed to rush release singles so none of that mess would have even occurred..  :reductive2:

Sis by the time Gaga tweeted this Applause was in the Top 10 for 9 weeks already with 4 more to go afterwards. The only reason why they rushed out Do What U Want was because Interscope smelled a smash hit á la Poker Face.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty

The whole "Gaga vs. The World" approach was the entire concept behind the ARTPOP promo. The "Lady Gaga is over" video to tease Applause, the self-aware nature of her VMA performace with the boo-ing, the social media campaign...

The Applause vs. Roar thing was just one element in that entire story, so I think it would've still happened.

Didymus

The whole thing contradicts itself too the more I think about it. #WriteWhatYouWant but I'm still gonna throw a huge spotlight on it just to show everyone I'm the bigger person, yet she's showing she's not by negating her own message :rip:

Didymus

The only reason why they rushed out Do What U Want was because Interscope smelled a smash hit á la Poker Face.

The switch to DWUW was Gaga's idea. But she did credit the initial commercial success as a reason, yes.

Supersonic

The switch to DWUW was Gaga's idea. But she did credit the initial commercial success as a reason, yes.

Until you show me a video of Gaga saying "I, Lady Gaga born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta hereby declare that abandoning Venus was completely my idea and I was not forced by my former managment or record label to do so." I will believe the more logical and obvious version.

Head Empty

It was Gaga's idea? That seems odd, as she was very much into the whole "Goddess of Love" persona when DWUW came out. As well as the fact that she stated that the rushing of DWUW was one of the reasons for her dissatisfaction with her management. She wanted more time to plan her projects - which seemed to be the case for Venus.

FATCAT

I haven't seen this discussed recently at all.

Obviously the era wasn't going her way and she lashed out

It was promo for DWUW, it literally points out the significance of the song. Not a 'lash out' at all..

Purr more, hiss less.

AbuHassan1992

I feel like some people here thought she was actually serious with these tweets. They were headlines, just like the ones in the background for the AMAs performance on the screens. 

Didymus

Until you show me a video of Gaga saying "I, Lady Gaga born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta hereby declare that abandoning Venus was completely my idea and I was not forced by my former managment or record label to do so." I will believe the more logical and obvious version.

I don't really see what Interscope's head of strategy's benefit in straight up lying to one of the biggest music magazines, in detail, would be. But I get you :Chica:

Bad Bromance

I feel like some people here thought she was actually serious with these tweets. They were headlines, just like the ones in the background for the AMAs performance on the screens. 

Totally, but some people don't seem to understand that even though it's staring them right in the face.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

God this era was a mess.

We deserve some kind of award for sticking by her after this. :rip:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

But if Applause had stayed in the top 10 she wouldn't have needed to rush release singles so none of that mess would have even occurred..  :reductive2:

DWUW still would have eventually been a single and the twitter meltdown would have been a fantastic marketing stunt if the gp cared about Gaga in 2013. The only reason it didn't work is because nobody but fans cared much about ARTPOP

Supersonic

God this era was a mess.

We deserve some kind of award for sticking by her after this. :rip:

Tbh she deserves an award for not quitting music for having a fanbase as horrifyingly disgusting, mean, transphobic and misogynist as GGD users portray themselves here :rip:

Archived