💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Zayn shades taylor, calvin responds, zayn calls calvin a dickhead

Yanko

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity

except we have had quite the number of artists come out and say how they barely make anything from Spotify?

what artists? Unknown artists who don't get enough streams to get paid?

That is like me going to a store putting my CD and when it doesn't sell and they don't give me money I go to attack the store because I AM NOT GETTING MONEY FOR MY CD.

I should be grateful to the store for putting my CD on their shelfs and giving it a chance to arrive to people. Meanwhile, if I want sales (streams) to get money, I will need a proper managament and lots of promo.

It is how everything works.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calvin is a hothead. When Taylor breaks up with him and writes the inevitable diss breakup song, he won't take it lightly. Those fireworks should be fun.

PS: If you're an artist committed to the Spotify model, Taylor removing her music is annoying because it discourages people from buying paid subscriptions. Especially if many major artists start doing exclusives with different services.

SLAYing

Maybe because professional people should never mix their personal life with business which he did. He blocked her partner in business, which happened to be his ex girlfriend, from getting a hit in the biggest market. He was going to earn money from her album and singles anyway so she wasn't taking advantage over him. It was pure revenge and it was very unprofessional. That's why no one should ever mix business with personal life unless they are aware of the risks and consequences. 

Now he acts like if everyone should support each other as artists even though he once ruined another artist's opportunity to get a hit song in the US as a personal revenge.

THIS x 10000000000000 :applause:

Instagram : saurabh_slays

Redstreak

what artists? Unknown artists who don't get enough streams to get paid?

That is like me going to a store putting my CD and when it doesn't sell and they don't give me money I go to attack the store because I AM NOT GETTING MONEY FOR MY CD.

I should be grateful to the store for putting my CD on their shelfs and giving it a chance to arrive to people. Meanwhile, if I want sales (streams) to get money, I will need a proper managament and lots of promo.

It is how everything works.

Uh, no. Here's one story

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2014/11/05/song-played-168-million-times-pandora-received-4000/

heres another

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2015/06/11/the-more-money-spotify-makes-the-less-artists-get-paid/

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Redstreak

But that's the record's company fault, not the streaming service's fault.

how exactly? The latter explains the revenue drop and says nothing about companies.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

LePetitGAGABLover

how exactly? The latter explains the revenue drop and says nothing about companies.

Because they are the ones who make the deals with streaming services and set a price for the song to be included for streaming. 

So how much are lessor known artists actually losing?

they dont really get anything tbh 

RAMROD

Zayn's downward spiral is real. :pray:

2015's Justin Bieber :pray:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

StrawberryBlond

Now about Taylor VS Streaming... If she really cared about small artists struggling to get money she would   fight record labels and not streaming sites. Record labels earn more money from streaming than the streaming apps. Spotify retains 30% of revenue while the labels retain 40% of it, that leaves only 30% for the singers, songwriters, producers and personal managers.

Record Labels are the reason why talented small artists struggle so much not streaming sites. Small artists have struggled even before streaming was a thing. 

'Taylor vs Straming' and the Tidal mess are two proofs of how celebrities can brainwash their fans so easily. People don't even try to understand what's the real problem, they only believe what the celebrity says ignoring that these celebrities are part of a enormous corrupt system called music INDUSTRY. 

EXACTLY. I've been saying this right from the beginning. Artists and consumers needs to fight the real enemy - the corrupt record labels. It's them who have the power to sign and drop, which is ultimately going to determine where your career is headed, so streaming has very little to do with it. Mainstream artists should be thankful their work is even out there and that they're allowed to make what they like. There are lots of artists who have gone to their label with their new album and it got binned and they got ordered to make a new, more commercial one. That's why you sometimes see notable gaps between smaller artists releases. Streaming can't be the problem if your label won't even let you release music, is it?

Taylor Swift would never go against record labels because she practically established the one she's signed to and because of this they essentially do everything she says. They give her full creative control and she's known nothing but this her entire career.

Which is why I can't take her seriously as a fighter for the little guy. She always stood up for herself early on. She begged her parents to take her to Nashville in the hopes of scoring a country deal and they did. She got signed at 14. She left RCA after they said she should wait until she's 18 to release her debut and later got signed by Big Machine at 15 and has never looked back. As Cracked once said: "That's not a rags to riches story, that's basically the most awesome childhood of all time." Most artists are not that lucky. Taylor doesn't know what it's like to move out your comfortable family home into a poky apartment in the big city and spending your days cleaning tables to pay your rent, while slaving away over a keyboard any spare moment you have and going to every record label in the city, trying to get someone to listen to your recordings and all you keep hearing is no for various reasons, no matter how talented you are. It's all been handed to her on a plate and she's never known any different. She's used to things working out the way she wants them. So, she sees free streaming as just another silly obstacle in her path that she wants done away with because doesn't like it.

Calvin is a hothead. When Taylor breaks up with him and writes the inevitable diss breakup song, he won't take it lightly. Those fireworks should be fun.

Too right, especially after what he did to Rita. This could be the first ex who is vocal about his split from Taylor. I thought John Mayer would be the one to slam her but I think Calvin could be the first now. I doubt she knew of his reputation before dating him and that he's become more big-headed the more famous he's got. He just can't produce anything non-generic either. Out of all the DJ's, why did he have to be the biggest Scotland ever produced? Even David Guetta's experimenting these days but Calvin just refuses because he wants his guaranteed hits. Surprised Taylor was interested in him considering she's such an organic artist who apparently hates EDM.

Arizonadream777

School will be starting back in a week and certain members say they have so much homework, that they don't have time to do anything else in life. Maybe we will get a break! Lol 

:sharon:

Archived