💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Tomorrow: 1 Year Anniversary of "Shake It Off" Release (A Look Back)

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Spock

Oh wow. Now you're trying to come for my age and drag me for it? Meh, how ageist and disgusting. 

Katy does collaborate with other songwriters and producers on her albums, and she even has collaborated with a few lyricists on some of her songs, too. That doesn't mean that she doesn't have a huge input on her albums and songs. And I am feeling like you're trying to imply that Katy is a manufactured product. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn8jhr Full bubblegum, generic radio pop songs? Not quite. From One of the Boys: One of the Boys, Thinking of You, Mannequin, Ur So Gay, Lost, Self Inflicted, I'm Still Breathing, Fingerprints, I Think I'm Ready, and A Cup of Coffee. From Teenage Dream & Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection: Circle the Drain, The One That Got Away, E.T., Who Am I Living For?, Pearl, Not Like The Movies, Part of Me, and Wide Awake. From PRISM: Legendary Lovers, Unconditionally, Dark Horse, Ghost, Love Me, This Moment, Double Rainbow, By the Grace of God, Spiritual, It Takes Two, and Choose Your Battles. These songs are not bubblegum or generic, radio friendly songs at all. They're far from that. Even though Waking Up In Vegas, Hot N Cold, If You Can Afford Me, Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) California Gurls, Firework, Peacock, Hummingbird Heartbeat, Dressin Up, Roar, Birthday, Walking On Air, This Is How We Do and International Smile may be radio friendly songs and are bubblegum, but they aren't generic. Lyrically, thematically, and sonically, they are pretty descriptive and detailed (maybe except for one or two songs that I named). Musically, they're not just pop. Most of them are a mix of genres and styles. I wouldn't call them generic. I Kissed a Girl is not bubblegum, generic, or radio friendly (just because it did well on radios doesn't mean that it was intentionally made for radio). It's one of the riskiest singles of this generation. It almost didn't get released. 

Not everything I said was what other people had said before. 

Again, except for a few dates because of some setlist changes, Taylor hasn't performed You Belong With Me on her tour. Those sales receipts are relevant because they prove that it's like her 2ng biggest and most well known hit, if not the biggest. Why wouldn't an artist perform one of their biggest, most well known and successful hits on their tour? 

I fail to see the part where I disrespected you about your age.

And I totally predicted the wall of list of songs that don't mean absolutely anything nor bring any valid arguments to the conversation. Do you want me to list every single song in Taylor's discography? Because I can type too

No they're not. A lot of artists don't perform their biggest or second biggest hit on tour. And it's totally beside the point and you know it. She obviously kept the set list 1989 and Red focused and has nothing to do with her "being the girl in the video!!!!1!", so stop clinging to that weak whatever it is because I can't even call that shade

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A year already?!? They still play it like it was released a month ago :saladga:

A true instant classic! :applause:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Kacey Elizabeth

I fail to see the part where I disrespected you about your age.

And I totally predicted the wall of list of songs that don't mean absolutely anything nor bring any valid arguments to the conversation. Do you want me to list every single song in Taylor's discography? Because I can type too

No they're not. A lot of artists don't perform their biggest or second biggest hit on tour. And it's totally beside the point and you know it. She obviously kept the set list 1989 and Red focused and has nothing to do with her "being the girl in the video!!!!1!", so stop clinging to that weak whatever it is because I can't even call that shade

Just because you don't agree with me and what I am saying doesn't make it invalid. Besides, my list of songs are relevant to this argument. I disproved your point (all of Katy's albums are full bubblegum, generic radio friendly pop songs) with them. 

Actually yes, they do. Almost all of artists perform their biggest hits on their tours. But she did perform Love Story, a single from Fearless, on The 1989 World Tour, though. I wonder why she didn't perform You Belong With Me, which is also a single from Fearless. Those two singles are her signature hits, and they were her biggest hits from that album, and they're still one of her biggest hits overall. Why she didn't perform You Belong With Me is obvious.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Spock

Just because you don't agree with me and what I am saying doesn't make it invalid. Besides, my list of songs are relevant to this argument. I disproved your point (all of Katy's albums are full bubblegum, generic radio friendly pop songs) with them. 

Actually yes, they do. Almost all of artists perform their biggest hits on their tours. But she did perform Love Story, a single from Fearless, on The 1989 World Tour, though. I wonder why she didn't perform You Belong With Me, which is also a single from Fearless. Those two singles are her signature hits, and they were her biggest hits from that album, and they're still one of her biggest hits overall. Why she didn't perform You Belong With Me is obvious.

Copying your fave's entire song catalog does not an argument make. Besides 99.9% of the songs you quoted were made with radio in mind so please stop the delusion. Anyway, I'm really not going to waste my time arguing with you anymore. Your arguments (well not really your arguments, the ones you're copying) are so ridiculous and off the mark that I'm just laughing my ass off. I can't wait for you to resume junior high school in a couple of weeks so you'll give us all a much needed break :love:

who will love me when the night is over

Versace

This time last year she was still known as that girl who used and then threw guys away quicker than Rebel Heart fell from the charts. Now she's known as borderline evil, leader of the dictatorship TaylorNation. Her power is boundless and soon the government is going to introduce the TayLord Act, making it compulsory for us to listen to 1989 at least once a day. Katy Perry's career will crumble before out very eyes whilst Taylor has one swift laugh and Bad Blood echoes across every country, reminding us of the punishment for possibly speaking out against her. This is Taylor's world, and we're just living in it. A Nineteen Eighty-Four tea.

tumblr_ndkburoP7x1qeqmxno1_250.gif

Hunger Games Spin Off ?

TimisaMonster

A true instant classic! :applause:

:awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

JesseBabe

Back in high school when she was still country-ish, she used to be my guilty pleasure, but I usually only listened to her when I was going through guy troubles or feeling depressed. Lol. I think now she, like other's have said, is like everything she used to write about and despise. I also find her a little bit more annoying than I used to. That's not saying I didn't enjoy 1989, because I did. I just think as a person there is something that rubs me the wrong way about her and I can't seem to put my finger on it. :confused:

Kacey Elizabeth

Copying your fave's entire song catalog does not an argument make. Besides 99.9% of the songs you quoted were made with radio in mind so please stop the delusion. Anyway, I'm really not going to waste my time arguing with you anymore. Your arguments (well not really your arguments, the ones you're copying) are so ridiculous and off the mark that I'm just laughing my ass off. I can't wait for you to resume junior high school in a couple of weeks so you'll give us all a much needed break :love:

Sure Jan. if you say so. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Some of these members are embarrassing. :dies: 

-

"It was very bland, formulaic and generic."

Jesus. :rip: Why are you shading your fave like that? :lmao: 

Gohan

Ew, that song is so overplayed. Now I can't listen to it anymore :neyde: Style deserved some of the success SIO had, it's such an amazing song. Anyway, it's her label the one that chooses the singles, so I don't blame her

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Archived