💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

General American Horror Story Discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Jase

Featured Posts

Microscope

Asylum and Freakshow >>> Coven > Murder House

Take my hand. Stay, Joanne.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christina

Asylum and Freakshow >>> Coven > Murder House

This is an unpopular opinion. Why don't you like Murder House?

My mom says I'm cool

Microscope

This is an unpopular opinion. Why don't you like Murder House?

well literally all the main characters annoyed me in some way (i love moira though) by the things they do and the stuff they say. especially violet and tate oh lord. didn't really enjoy the rubber man as a villain as well. i think there were other reasons but i can't remember. i watched it ages ago. but yeah that's my opinion of it. :yes:

Christina

well literally all the main characters annoyed me in some way (i love moira though) by the things they do and the stuff they say. especially violet and tate oh lord. didn't really enjoy the rubber man as a villain as well. i think there were other reasons but i can't remember. i watched it ages ago. but yeah that's my opinion of it. :yes:

I get where you're coming from. Even though Murder House is my 2nd favorite season, there's one character I absolutely hate. Ben. I don't know I just hate him with a burning passion :emma:

My mom says I'm cool

Microscope

I get where you're coming from. Even though Murder House is my 2nd favorite season, there's one character I absolutely hate. Ben. I don't know I just hate him with a burning passion :emma:

nnn hayden and the burnt man annoyed me a lot too. the evil things they do are so random like omg.

Christina

I found this really good theory

Oliver Thredson and Dandy Mott are Half Brothers

Gloria very candidly mentions that her family tends to produce “a psychopath once in a while”.
Dandy says that Gloria’s father was ruined by the crash of ’29 and that she “would’ve done anything to get back into a home like this, even marrying your second cousin”. This indicates that at least for a time, Gloria lived a much less wealthy lifestyle and desperately wanted to have money again. Wouldn’t it make sense if she had a child during this period for her to give it up, like Thredson was? It would make her even more undesirable as a wife having a child out of wedlock, so she has the baby and abandons him.
Dandy is in his late teens – early 20s (as far as I can tell) during Freak Show (1952). This would put him at being born somewhere around 1932. During Asylum (1964), Thredson is in his mid-30s. This would put him at being born around 1929 – coincidentally, the same time Gloria’s father lost his money.
Gloria herself is also somewhat older for a mother – if at the time of Freak Show she’s around 60, that would’ve put her in her 30s around the time her father lost his money – and around the time Oliver would’ve been born. In Asylum, Oliver’s MO for maternal victims is always a woman in her 30s – not younger, as most mothers would’ve been in that time period.
Ryan Murphy loves to drop the phrase “cosmic joke” in AHS. Oliver himself uses it to describe his childhood. Wouldn’t the ultimate “cosmic joke” be that after his mother gave him up, instilling him with the longing for maternal care and his serial killer tendencies, she poured all her motherly love into her second son Dandy – only to end up with yet another murderous psychopath?
In the exorcism episode of Asylum, the possessed Jed whispers something in Oliver’s ear. We are later told he says “Look at what you’ve become… I’m glad I gave you up.” Of course a demon would use a person’s deepest fears against them, but another thing to consider is that in 1964, Gloria is long dead — and capable of speaking “from beyond the grave”, if you will.

source: http://thoughtcatalog.com/m-j-pack/2015/05/5-theories-on-american-horror-story-and-how-the-seasons-are-connected/ 

My mom says I'm cool

MANiCURE1295

I just read all the other theories! They're so interesting! I wish i had more to read hahah! I love reading stuff like this. The Madison relation to Charles was one that was fairly obvious or at least widely speculated. The Viven one was very interesting as well!

Christina

I just read all the other theories! They're so interesting! I wish i had more to read hahah! I love reading stuff like this. The Madison relation to Charles was one that was fairly obvious or at least widely speculated. The Viven one was very interesting as well!

here's another one :)

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/10/21/epic-american-horror-story-fan-theory-links-first-4-seasons-and-those-yet-to-come-2363130?lt_source=external,manual

My mom says I'm cool

Christina

Oh that's very interesting! Never quite looked at it like that. Thanks for sharing :D

You're welcome! I'll post some more if I find something interesting.

My mom says I'm cool

junglejim4322

Every season has a place in my heart and each one is special to me despite their flaws. 

I see Murder House as the beginning, the original American Horror Story and I remember when I first discovered the show, it kind of set the tone for me as for what AHS was.

Asylum is my favorite, ever. First, the cinematography and the sets are simply incredible. And the storyline and the characters were epic and even though some fans do think it was a messy season -which it was - that's what makes it so unique to me. That season tops all of the other ones for me and for me, is what American Horror Story is and should be.

Coven is a fan favorite and I can understand why, as I also love it. Extremely quotable, the glamorous yet simple imagery of the show and the characters made me fall in love with it. Very different from the previous seasons and I think the weakest point of the season was the storyline but I did love it.

Freak Show is my second favorite. I see it as a prequel to Asylum (which it is, in fact), episode 10 where the connection of the seasons happens drove me so insane. But even though I'm sad they killed off Twisty so fast and even though the season has been unbalanced in the way the episodes progressed, I still loved the cinematography, the sets, the characters...

Hotel is apparently going back to the AHS roots and I couldn't be happier. I'm happy Gaga is in the show, it's like my two favorite things in life colliding but I won't make it my favorite season because of her. I feel like Ryan and the writers learnt from the previous seasons and I feel like there is so much potential to exploit of this theme : addiction, s-x, d--gs, murder. I feel like it's going to be an epic season and I just can't wait !

Christina

Freak Show is actually an allegory for Alice in Wonderland

This fan theory that suggests the entire Freak Show run is actually an allegory for Alice in Wonderland. Why Murphy and the writers would choose to deliberately do this is beyond crazy, but let’s take a look at the evidence.

Throughout the first few episodes of season four, the d--g opium is regularly used, which also happens to have been cited as an inspiration for the surreal elements of Lewis Carroll’s original story. Not sold yet? OK, how about Twisty the clown’s Cheshire Cat smile? Couldn’t the top hat motif be linked to the Mad Hatter? And Dandy regularly plays croquet in his room, just like The Queen of Hearts. It’s all slotting into place.

Not the most believable theory but still very interesting.

source: http://whatculture.com/tv/american-horror-story-10-craziest-fan-theories.php/8

My mom says I'm cool

bionic

Probably because he is literally the worst

buy bionic

• HausOfMark unpinned this topic

Archived