Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When tracks are cut down for tours..

Sia Daily

Featured Posts

Sia Daily

You could say this for any artist but in this particular case I am referring to Gaga. This is a question I have always wondered:

I read that it was quite a strenuous task getting all the rights and whatever business that goes into making a song in relation to 'Aura'. It was originally an instrumental track created by Infected Mushroom and then they sold it to gaga after she apparently really wanted it (or something like that-just using this particular song in this example). Yet when performed live it was cut down to like a minute and a half (I know she performed the song in full at swinefest and at some artraves but after a while it became shortened..same with Swine)

It just makes me think, why go to all that effort for a song that is barely used lol

Mister Gaga

I hate that :saladga: I'd rather have a song not performed at all than butchered tbh :saladga: 

this tbh :saladga:

monsterdreams

Tbh i would rather hear less tracks that we love than more that are cut 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Ladey Gagz

Making a song isn't only to be performed :emma: she liked it and wanted it in the album

It's not "barely used", it's in the album 

Whispering

Everyone cuts songs down, unless they are some acoustic type artist if a rock band. 

Artists have to make choices, if they are trying to get in most the songs from their current album and their past hits. Cutting songs down is a way to make everything fit.

Sia Daily

I get what y'all saying darlins but to me it seems a bit odd to cut down songs that were strived to make (apparently).

elijahfan

Well, you know.... When an artist is starting to get a pretty large catalogue, it's hard to content everybody. I don't really mind her cutting songs, because in a way it quickens the pace and you don't have the opportunity to get bored. But I think she should maybe for the next tour try something like medleys and musical interludes. Madonna is very good at this in her own tours.

Riot Poof

I'd rather have a setlist with 20 FULL songs than one with 25 shortened ones.

ALSO, medleys are great. I just don't want the entire setlist to be one big medley.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived