Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Would Aura have been more successful than Applause as a lead single?

Warholian

Featured Posts

DrewStevens

I don't think so. It was too electronic for radio and the lyrics are very s-xual.

The single choices were perfect but the promotion and timing were terrible. Applause was a good lead single and DWUW was a perfect second single. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Future Lover

No. DWUW is the only one I could see hitting #1. Aura has a strong and catchy chorus, but the verses take away from the appeal. 

DWUW would have been perfect because she could have tied the theme into her BTWB backlash and whatnot. It's clear the GP liked the song and with the proper execution it could have been one of her biggest hits.

thefamebitch

hell yeah, it was the quickest biggest google search of that week, or something (?) and if it was officially announced that it'd be the telephone continuation people would've payed attention. its so much more insanely "gaga" and ear catching. to jump the gun and say no to releasing it as a first single is to defy every thing gaga stands for, where would bad romance be if that constantly happened? exactly. 

Except Bad Romance simply sounds like a powerhouse lead single from the very second you press play where Aura takes too long to get into. BR became a smash because of timing and the quality of the song. Sorry but the quality of Aura in no way, shape or form could have ever produced the results that Bad Romance did even if it would "shock" the GP. 

FATCAT

hell yeah, it was the quickest biggest google search of that week, or something (?) and if it was officially announced that it'd be the telephone continuation people would've payed attention. its so much more insanely "gaga" and ear catching. to jump the gun and say no to releasing it as a first single is to defy every thing gaga stands for, where would bad romance be if that constantly happened? exactly. 

Exactly! I remember threads from when it was leaked about radio stations eating it up all over the world! People were so taken back by it's amazing production and her killer vocals (the demo vocals) that it could have easily been her next signature hit. Even bigger than Bad Romance! Though, if Aura was the opener for the album single wise, I feel like ARTPOP as a whole would feel hollow. I don't mean to say that other songs on ARTPOP aren't stellar, but Aura's production/thematic vocals blow away almost any song from any of her albums. It's the essential Gaga song, if their were to be a career theme song, it wouldn't be BTW or ARTPOP or Bad Romance, it'd be Aura! It's so Gaga, it's Gaga!(crazy)

I hate that some people think the GP needs a basic track to be pleased. They might not be able to handle MANiCURE level deepness (half probably wouldn't know she's saying Man-cure) but Aura is easy to understand and it'll get you PUMPED. Sorry to ramble, I just abso-****ing-love Aura. Honestly the only hit on ARTPOP that truly got away. (We gave GUY a try, but it's EDM feel and Zedd are out of the trends and over-used back in march)

tl;dr Aura is the hit that got away, and if you don't think that in even the slightest respect, you shouldn't make decisions on behalf of any major artist. #VoteBernieSanders2016

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT

Except Bad Romance simply sounds like a powerhouse lead single from the very second you press play where Aura takes too long to get into. BR became a smash because of timing and the quality of the song. Sorry but the quality of Aura in no way, shape or form could have ever produced the results that Bad Romance did even if it would "shock" the GP. 

Your lack of faith disturbs me.

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT

and the lyrics are very s-xual.

Love game rings a very-large disco-stick shaped bell. Sexual lyrics are nothing in the 21-st century.

Purr more, hiss less.

thefamebitch

Your lack of faith disturbs me.

Well obviously Gaga, her team and her label didn't have much faith in Aura as a lead either 

Rabbit Heart

No. I think Applause did a fine job. But If Sex Dreams or MANiCURE were the lead single the whole era could be much better and more successful :)

Creyk

No. The song takes like 1 minute to get going, and even then it's nothing special. Applause was the perfect lead single, maybe only G.U.Y or Gypsy would have been better

artpopmess

It could if it weren't for those ugly ass verses

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Creyk

If Aura was the opener for the album single wise, I feel like ARTPOP as a whole would feel hollow. I don't mean to say that other songs on ARTPOP aren't stellar, but Aura's production/thematic vocals blow away almost any song from any of her albums. It's the essential Gaga song, if their were to be a career theme song, it wouldn't be BTW or ARTPOP or Bad Romance, it'd be Aura! It's so Gaga, it's Gaga!(

WTF

I'm not dissing your opinion because it's perfectly fine to like what you like, but...WTF? Aura is one of the weakest songs of the album imo, it's strange that someone likes it so much in comparison to the rest of the tracks on the album. I mean come on, even Donatella is better and plenty of ppl hate that 

Aura would have flopped like Work Bitch. Applause benefitted a lot from that KIA commercial, Aura wouldn't have that.

FATCAT

Well obviously Gaga, her team and her label didn't have much faith in Aura as a lead either 

We don't know that for sure. If she was pressured to take the safe route (I mean, look at applause) then Aura may not have been what her team or label wanted, but Gaga obviously wanted Aura to be heard first. (She leaked it in-full  months before the album.

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived