Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Have you surprised anyone with how dfferent Gaga is from what they expect?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

I was driving with my friend the other day. She doesn't know about Gaga at all. I think she probably has a negative to neutral opinion of her but is overall very indifferent. We both had CDs we were playing in the car. I had a CD that had  “Let Love Down” on it. Towards the end of the song my friend said, “She is really good”, not knowing who was singing. I told her it was Lady Gaga and she was like, “That’s Lady Gaga?! No way! That’s very different from what I usually hear from her” I was just like, “Yea, its not what you would expect. She has some really good  acoustic songs.” The conversation died after that. I was hoping my friend would ask more about her but I don’t think she really cares enough haha. Reguardless, it was a really cool experience to expose someone to a new side of Gaga and surprise them.

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this?

Didymus

I put on the PBS special at some family Christmas pre-dinner drink in the background and most of them just ended up watching it and loving it. There was complete silence, only broken by compliments, during Bang Bang and Lush Life so that was really fun. They had no idea she was thàt good.

Swan Heart

My whole family disliked... hell, they hated her..

Then I showed them The Sound Of Music medley. I swear they were embarrassed for hating on her for so long. I was just sitting there like:

giphy.gif

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

crisTEAne

i played some of my friends princess die (btwball in vienna) and they ended up watching it in complete silence. i swear they almost started to cry. :cryga: i was so happy that they liked that side of her and that they understood how i felt when i heard the song live. :giveup: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

yASSsss

sometimes i do try to show my friends how amazing she is,i play her live performances,her different cover songs before them..but at the end they just say some nasty comment about her...to be honest , they don't care about her at all...

tumblr_mu26xqvwBr1sh4s8jo1_250.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Benji

A lot of people went out their way to tell me they liked Do What U Want despite the fact it's a Lady Gaga song :awkney:

I also showed some people the video of her performing TEOG at my BTWBall and they were surprised at how good she was

giphy.gif

It's too early in the day for Marlon Brando :Chica:

SEVDALIZA

My mom was surprised by Paper Gangsta and Jewels & Drugs. It feels weird saying this, because most of y'all are pulling the "surprised by talent/acoustic" card, but my mom already lowkey stans Gaga for all of that :rip: 

operating from another world

Iwontell

Yes, but concerning her looks...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Bradley

My mom was surprised by Paper Gangsta and Jewels & Drugs. It feels weird saying this, because most of y'all are pulling the "surprised by talent/acoustic" card, but my mom already lowkey stans Gaga for all of that :rip: 

They say Jewels N' Drugs had no impact. :fat:

I mean, didn't do it, but we had a live Oscars viewing party (bear in mind that's from 2-5am for us) and they were all blown away by her singing and I was just like "I told you guy had pipes". It was hilarious. One of my dude friends honestly fell silent the moment she opened her mouth, then said "Wow" 10 seconds later.

SEVDALIZA

Wait there's more :rip: Let's see, my sister and her husband were surprised by Bang Bang and the Oscars' performance, they thought she did excellent.

And, while preparing this presentation on equality with a friend, I showed her some speeches Gaga's made and that one speech at the Monster Ball ("you're a goddamn superstar") and she was very impressed.

operating from another world

Swan Heart

It's too early in the day for Marlon Brando :Chica:

giphy.gif

........ Nahh..... :hor:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

My dad was always pretty sceptical about Gaga... and then she performed at Radio 1's Big Weekend. I'm not even kidding when I say his face just dropped, especially when she did the jazz section (singing Orange Coloured Sky etc.). Then when she released The Edge Of Glory he said to me "wow Josh she is actually a brilliant singer, better than Madonna was" and it's now one of his favourite songs :-)

ALSO my mum was already a massive fan of Gaga, even her acoustic stuff. The only song she doesn't like is Marry The Night :(

My ex was impressed by the Bang Bang performance and the song itself. He doesn't really like pop, but I think deep down he knows Gaga is a good and talented person. That's all I ask tbh

Archived