Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Have you surprised anyone with how dfferent Gaga is from what they expect?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

sometimes i do try to show my friends how amazing she is,i play her live performances,her different cover songs before them..but at the end they just say some nasty comment about her...to be honest , they don't care about her at all...

tumblr_mu26xqvwBr1sh4s8jo1_250.gif

Im sorry your friends are like that. I give you credit for trying though. I wish I could education my friends more about Gaga but I just can't :/

A lot of people went out their way to tell me they liked Do What U Want despite the fact it's a Lady Gaga song :awkney:

I also showed some people the video of her performing TEOG at my BTWBall and they were surprised at how good she was

It's too early in the day for Marlon Brando :Chica:

Her European BTWB was the best for TEOG, she sounded so fresh and raw for it

CannaeDrive

My sister, when I casually put C2C in the CD player, she said at first: "This kind of sounds like Ella Fitzgerald". Then, some tracks later, on "Ev'ry Time I Say Goodbye", she added : "This is good, who is this singer?" and she was like speechless. She later asked me for the CD.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

gagzus

most of my friends hate her because she's pop, but my friend jessica likes it when i play her unreleased demos from 2006-2008 with her GlamRock sound.

My family (except my mum) still refuse point blank to like her or understand why i like her, but my dad came to the BTWB with me and LOVED it, especially during the HML/BK part

kaojen

My wife's mom knew she could sing but didn't know she could sing Lush Life like that. She was like "You didn't tell me she could sound like one of my girls like Barbara! " 

yASSsss

Im sorry your friends are like that. I give you credit for trying though. I wish I could education my friends more about Gaga but I just can't :/

our time will come when Gags will release LG5 and everyone will be fan-girling over her :giveup: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

LoveandMagic

I was once on a car trip with two friends and had Born This Way playing the whole way. They weren't big fans of her but didn't complain and I though I heard one singing along a bit during the second play through. I found out later one of them bought the CD and I haven't heard the other trash Gaga in a while.

Also when the PBS special aired no one at work could believe that was her singing with Tony and kept saying how amazing she was. When I informed them it was the one and only Lady G they were pretty impressed.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

VenusBlackStar

My grandma became a low-key Gaga stan on her own, but I had the Thanksgiving special on, and my grandma adored "Orange Colored Sky" and "White Christmas" most of all. She asked for C2C for Christmas last year. :sara:

I stanned for Gaga so hard in high school that both my parents saw the light about her just through association.

I also converted my roommate into a Gaga fan in college. His main music is rock, and I'd play Born This Way start to finish sometimes in the room, and he grew to really like some of the tracks with more rock vibes mixed in to them. We BLAST Marry the Night in his car when we're driving sometimes.

I have YouTube links and such on hand when I need to do some missionary work. :gaycat:

Sister

Yes, my Mother did not like Gaga at first and thought she was strange, but she is now a super fan and supporter. Also my ex, he wasn't impressed by her at first and now he knows and agrees that she is majorly talented and not just a pop princess. He even fully admits to liking Alejandro.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived