💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would MANiCURE have been the next Poker Face?

Jesse Pinkman

Would MANiCURE have been the next Poker Face?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

No...it's the Bad Kids of ARTPOP... cool rock verses and instrumental but bubble gum pop chorus...

Poker Face was simple yet hypnotic 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

The only part that is a bit trap is the outro. The rest is soooo commercial, the beat, the typical lets-make-a-hit-pop-song 4 chords, the lyrics, the melody

Ehh, it's utilization of vi-i-v-ii is a bit unique compared to what I hear on the radio now. Not anything groundbreaking, but I don't hear a lot based around that atm- mostly just i-v-vi-iv and iv-v-vi-i.

But I agree, the album version is a little boring and typical. I mean, it's definitely fun and I think it would have done decently well, at least around DWUW's success, I guess.

Maybe not the next Poker Face, but definitely a hit...had she not ****ed it up. Even Adele knew it. The Pressed little twink bottoms obviously don't like it. Stadium Rock isn't their thing. 

Take out the auto-tune, put back the "heal me, I'm addicted to love" after the chorus, and remove that weird trap breakdown. 

I agree that the Swinefest version went harder. Structurally, "heal me/save me, 'cause I'm addicted to love" works much better as a post-chorus, imo. Just add in some more effort to the previous bridge, keep the organic rawness of the live versions, and bam.

Though, I do love the trap-rock outro. It just needs to be less drowned out.

3 points in and ready for more

Dorothy Gale

No way, it was one of the worst songs on ARTPOP, and fans overrate it. The Swinefest version was pretty good, but the final is the kind of song you listen to once or twice.

Paper Gangsta

not people saying its complex and experimental when its the most basic and generic track on the album

crisTEAne

not people hating on the flawless pop-rock bop that is MANiCURE. :eww: calling it basic is an insult tbh. :awkney: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Paper Gangsta

not people hating on the flawless pop-rock bop that is MANiCURE. :eww: calling it basic is an insult tbh. :awkney: 

there was litteraly a thread yesterday about 10 different track using similar beat and structure

crisTEAne

there was litteraly a thread yesterday about 10 different track using similar beat and structure

that doesn't make it automatically basic, imo. :shrug: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Creyk

The Swinefest version, yes. The album version? IDK. But it would have done better than DWUW for sure, it's an infinitely better song. 

Creyk

It's a bop but I'm not sure if it would have even been a hit, let alone be as huge as Poker Face?

The hit that got away on ARTPOP remains Do What U Want considering it was breaking onto the radio, into clubs and generally everywhere with quite small promo in comparison to other releases Gaga has done.

It was performed at the American Music Awards(1) (where she stole the night with the song), SNL (2), Allan Carr (3), The Voice (4), X Factor (5), and that super messy first performance where she wore those huge black head feathers. (6)

The song received a legend X remix and extra publicity from their performance.

She embarrassed herself publicly on twitter just to help the song chart better with those tweets about the media bashing her. 

How is that "quite small promo?" :emma: 

Benji

It was performed at the American Music Awards(1) (where she stole the night with the song), SNL (2), Allan Carr (3), The Voice (4), X Factor (5), and that super messy first performance where she wore those huge black head feathers. (6)

The song received a legend X remix and extra publicity from their performance.

She embarrassed herself publicly on twitter just to help the song chart better with those tweets about the media bashing her. 

How is that "quite small promo?" :emma: 

I was mainly talking about the video, as that's normally what people would rush to see... especially as it was supposed to be controversial but yeah, she performed it a bit :emma:

Creyk

I was mainly talking about the video, as that's normally what people would rush to see... especially as it was supposed to be controversial but yeah, she performed it a bit :emma:

Well yes I totally agree with that. We should all tweet #WhereistheDWUWvideo just for old times sake XD

I remember monsters spammed Vevo endlessly with that back in the day to the point that they made up lies about when it will come :lmao:

Benji

Well yes I totally agree with that. We should all tweet #WhereistheDWUWvideo just for old times sake XD

I remember monsters spammed Vevo endlessly with that back in the day to the point that they made up lies about when it will come :lmao:

Askdinskm we should :rip:

Also include Vevo, Tidal and Apple Music in every tweet to see if any of them try to get it :sharon:

SlaeUrAnus

No, no and no.

Poker Face was a hidden gem. Its lyrics are way superior to MANiCURE's. Plus, the dark beat/theme made it more captivating.

MANiCURE was just well, loud. It hurt my ears. 

In my messy era.

Archived