💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What prevented Marry The Night from Smashing?

Monster2015

Featured Posts

latina twilight

GP don't like real slayage.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monster2015

Because most people didn't like the song.  I don't think it's necessary to reach for a reason beyond that.

The chorus is weak and half-baked.  And it's not really suitable for pop radio.

the extended chorus (the breakdown in the end) is flawless though but I kinda agree in the fact that the chorus felt like sluggish. Like it took forever to get to it after the verse

PerfectMonster

you become so famous that you're literally everywhere (always on every news site, on the radio, tv, ect.) and people get sick of you so your reputation declines

Ah gotcha. I can see how that may have played a role in that, cheers.

overexposed, long ass boring video, released way too late, everybody was already over BTW

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

PatrickMonster

When an album has 4 top ten hits, it tends to have a flop for a 5th single. Also 5 singles in like 9 months is too much.
It wasn't radio-friendly at all with its heavy beats. They should've released a song that is radio-friendly so even tho it wouldn't have much digital sales, it still could've been a top 20 hit. Something similar like how Ariana's team did it with One Last Time.
Music video was also too long... tho the first week views were amazing I think so with the current streaming rules it might have been another top 15 hit... that could've helped the song on radio as well...

Monster2015

no offense, but...  NOT THIS THREAD AGAIN :saladga:

I'm sorry! :omg:  the video came on tv and got me questioning lol 

Evan Peters

people were sick of her :laughga: she promoted the hell out of the album. plus it was a fifth single. she should've just kept it as four seeing as though the GP was starting to keep tired of her by that time

emma roberts is an abuser

The Child

Releasing Judas, The Edge Of Glory & Yoü and I before Marry The Night is what prevented it from smashing. :awkney:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Hexxx

a lot of party anthems came out during the time of Marry The Night. HML could've saved her

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Sugarfall

Really long music video, overexposure and lbr, 5th singles almost never succeed :emma: 

Archived