Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What prevented Marry The Night from Smashing?

Monster2015

Featured Posts

Monster2015

So what was it? The only thing that comes to mind was the fact that the video was like 100 minutes long. But aside from that, that can't be the only reason a song doesn't do good...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PrinceGaga

The fact that so many fans/gp already owned the album so why would they need a single that they already had. That's my belief anyway 

lb5QF.gif

JustPokeHerFace

Gaga was overexposed and that was causing radio not to support her as much or for people to buy the single. Plus, since the video was so long, she wasn't getting that much streaming exposure. 

monketsharona

Overexposure.

Streaming is important for a song to hit hot 100, she did a 13 minutes long video. It doesn't help... 

Because most people didn't like the song.  I don't think it's necessary to reach for a reason beyond that.

The chorus is weak and half-baked.  And it's not really suitable for pop radio.

Haroon

I think because because the steam was petering out :shrug: She was onto her 5th single after all :laughga: 

PerfectMonster

Is there such a thing as overexposure? I don't even know what the really means... 

Didymus

It's just not hit material :neyde: That song could only have smashed for being her comeback single and only for like the first two weeks.

JustPokeHerFace

Is there such a thing as overexposure? I don't even know what the really means... 

you become so famous that you're literally everywhere (always on every news site, on the radio, tv, ect.) and people get sick of you so your reputation declines

Archived